Proposal: KADRI CAPTAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
How do you figure? He saw a giant pin and a weasel take a shot at Marner's head. He took exception and retaliated for Marner. That was for the team. You can say it was overboard and ultimately hurt the team but you can't say it was for himself.

More on point, I like Kadri, I see the argument for him being captain. In my opinion he should be an "A". To be honest, I don't know if the team will give him that even.

Spoken like someone who has actually played the game. Someone took a liberty on Marner so Kadri responded. The suspension was excessive and you can’t let people take liberties on your young stars.

Kadri is going to absolutely feast this year as a 3rd liner. He is extremely difficult to play against, and can play the shut down role very well. He really has turned into a good pro, who has become very consistent and brings an honest effort every night. He is going to be a major X factor this year and a matchup nightmare.

If I were picking this is what I would set up:

Tavares- C
Kadri- A
Marleau- A
Reilly- A

Matthews gets A when Marleau moves on. Without a doubt Tavares gets the C.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The one that got himself suspended 3 games in the playoffs last year?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Stop it, he can't be capture because your captain can't be getting 3 game suspensions in the playoffs

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Spoken like someone who has actually played the game. Someone took a liberty on Marner so Kadri responded. The suspension was excessive and you can’t let people take liberties on your young stars.

Kadri is going to absolutely feast this year as a 3rd liner. He is extremely difficult to play against, and can play the shut down role very well. He really has turned into a good pro, who has become very consistent and brings an honest effort every night. He is going to be a major X factor this year and a matchup nightmare.

If I were picking this is what I would set up:

Tavares- C
Kadri- A
Marleau- A
Reilly- A

Matthews gets A when Marleau moves on. Without a doubt Tavares gets the C.

This. Is. Dumb.

You’d snub Matthews intentionally in favour of our 3c?

Last edited:

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
This. Is. Dumb.

You’d snub Matthews intentionally in favour of our 3c?

How is that “snubbing” Matthews? He’s been in the league 2 years. He is mature for his age in the league, but Kadri has paid his dues and is respected. “Snubbing” a 21 year old by not giving him a letter.. lol.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
How is that “snubbing” Matthews? He’s been in the league 2 years. He is mature for his age in the league, but Kadri has paid his dues and is respected. “Snubbing” a 21 year old by not giving him a letter.. lol.

Yep, it would be a snub. You don't think that Matthews is comparing himself to McDavid?

The Captain faces the cameras. He's typically the one shouldering the workload. Matthews is undoubtedly a "franchise" player if there ever was one.

Here are some other franchise players that were named Captain at a young age.

McDavid (19)
LeCavalier (19)
Crosby (20)
Toews (20)
Yzerman (21)

Now, I don't think he has to be the C. But to not be part of the recognized leadership core, that's just silly. Might as well put him on a plane to Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad