Kadri benched for three games MOD warning #614

Status
Not open for further replies.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I think all those are childish labels ( just like "Kadri Posse" and "super group") and I prefer intelligent discussion to name-calling. Have a look at your post, does the label "super group" add anything to the discussion? What does that even mean?

And no matter what the subject, there are always ridiculous statements made on both sides.

For the record, I'm a fan of Kadri. I also have zero problem with him being disciplined for being late and whatever else. Is that OK with you?

I don't consider posse or super group as name calling, it was used to distinguish that group from regular Kadri fans, like yourself. They are the ones that are a little more overboard with their support & seem to think it's everyone elses fault but Kadri's.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Did many of you not read the press release? I keep reading how Nonis should have had a part in this.

"the decision, which was made along with general manager Dave Nonis and the coaching staff" Quote from the release.

Can we accept the fact that this decision was arrived at in a session between all of the pertinent managerial personnel?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I don't consider posse or super group as name calling, it was used to distinguish that group from regular Kadri fans, like yourself. They are the ones that are a little more overboard with their support & seem to think it's everyone elses fault but Kadri's.

I have not read a post on here today that has defended Kadri.

Not being a fan of how this has been handled is not the same as defending Kadri.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
if the leafs were closing in on a playoff spot does kadri get 3 games?

this has to do with helping the tank. i can understand sending the kid home 1 day or playing on the 4th line one game but what team benches a player for being late once? unless the kid is a complete ****** behind close doors i cant see the leafs being this uptight over being late.

This

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Do it privately. This is a public tar and feathering and an attack on his family. All his family members friends are going to get pumped for info on this vague BS!

This is a joke! I hate this organization even more right now than ever.

Make no mistake you're making yourself look like a joke as well, it's embarrassing to read honestly. It's mind boggling for a team with zero success since any of these players have been here, are treated like kings who deserve no criticism.

You'd have to be a child to think they haven't tried everything they could behind closed doors but it obviously was not effective, or Naz just didn't take it serious enough. Now this makes it clear that he either learns from the mistakes he's made and becomes a better play on the ice and off, or he sticks to his ways and he finds another team to play for. He is no Seguin, so I am not worried he will go somewhere and all of a sudden be a top 5 player in the league, not going to happen.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
So being vague and refusing to say what it is exactly is ok. You talk out both sides your mouth.

One method is lying. The other is giving a basis for the benching without releasing details that are no one's business except the player himself and the team management who are calling him on it. If Kadri thinks it's so innocent and he's being "strong armed" for menial acts, then let him spill the beans. Kudos to Shanny and Co. for protecting his rights to privacy.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Why do I get a feeling that Kadri is a goner from the Blue and White?

I agree....he is gone!

Wow really? If he is, that would be a bit of a shocker to me. Out of the guys on the current roster, my #1 to keep is Rielly and then, Kadri was maybe #2. If he really does have huge attitude issues or whatever then I have no problem shipping him out as well but I still can't help but think this was handled very poorly.

If there were issues going back a long time, why weren't they dealt with before? If he has a bad attitude, why not get rid of him earlier? It would seem that they are only destroying his trade value with this s..t show.

Ah OK, whatever. Maybe I was overly sensitive. And I admit I'm guilty of name-calling myself at times I guess though I try to never be the one to start. And of course when I do resort to name-calling, I always have a good reason for it. :D

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
well, it's a very important stretch in the year so i'm happy we don't have our best center playing. Smart move by Shanny and Horachek

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I have not read a post on here today that has defended Kadri.

Not being a fan of how this has been handled is not the same as defending Kadri.

Maybe not defending his actions, (they were previously when they thought it was just a DST issue), but deflecting the blame to the coach & management with the way they dealt with it. If Kadri doesn't create the problem then management doesn't have to do anything. in my day Kadri would have just been sent to the minors & buried there for his career.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
What did Kadri do? If he was 100% clear their would be no questions. There is nothing but questions now.

Why don't you get it? It's no one in the public's business. He was sat and the team needs to state a basic reason so people don't jump off the cliff. that reason was given. It's obvious the cliff jumpers will jump no matter what.

silentbob37*

Wow really? If he is, that would be a bit of a shocker to me. Out of the guys on the current roster, my #1 to keep is Rielly and then, Kadri was maybe #2. If he really does have huge attitude issues or whatever then I have no problem shipping him out as well but I still can't help but think this was handled very poorly.

If there were issues going back a long time, why weren't they dealt with before? If he has a bad attitude, why not get rid of him earlier? It would seem that they are only destroying his trade value with this s..t show.

Ah OK, whatever. Maybe I was overly sensitive. And I admit I'm guilty of name-calling myself at times I guess though I try to never be the one to start. And of course when I do resort to name-calling, I always have a good reason for it. :D

My guess is they tried dealing with it behind closed doors, it wasn't getting through so ........

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I think all those are childish labels ( just like "Kadri Posse" and "super group") and I prefer intelligent discussion to name-calling. Have a look at your post, does the label "super group" add anything to the discussion? What does that even mean?

And no matter what the subject, there are always ridiculous statements made on both sides.

For the record, I'm a fan of Kadri. I also have zero problem with him being disciplined for being late and whatever else. Is that OK with you?

The ad-hominem and appeal to ridicule is getting really sickening to read.

Shanahan has clearly expressed his desire for Kadri to be part of the future, he saw an opportunity to hone Kadri's professionalism and he took it. This sending a message to the team from top to bottom, especially the youngins, like I said, all part of cultivating the winning environment that Shanny promised.

And like Mezinger said, if it was something actually serious, he would have been suspended without pay.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Make no mistake you're making yourself look like a joke as well, it's embarrassing to read honestly. It's mind boggling for a team with zero success since any of these players have been here, are treated like kings who deserve no criticism.

You'd have to be a child to think they haven't tried everything they could behind closed doors but it obviously was not effective, or Naz just didn't take it serious enough. Now this makes it clear that he either learns from the mistakes he's made and becomes a better play on the ice and off, or he sticks to his ways and he finds another team to play for. He is no Seguin, so I am not worried he will go somewhere and all of a sudden be a top 5 player in the league, not going to happen.

No embarrassing is the organization using the media to flame Kadri without basis. They have taken a family issue and fed it to the media to speculate on, investigate. Look around, the question now is what is Kadri's deal?

In pro sports the action they took is generally reserved for players with publicly known issues. Reactionary ONLY! The proper course of action is to keep it quiet and trade for the best possible return.

Now we have guys like Lupul having to answer for... "This is not an Evander Kane situation". Every media person is going to be digging as if **** isn't bad enough, this is another idiot move by an idiotic franchise that has nothing but a consistent record of stupidity.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Why don't you get it? It's no one in the public's business. He was sat and the team needs to state a basic reason so people don't jump off the cliff. that reason was given. It's obvious the cliff jumpers will jump no matter what.

Why don't you get it that every action has a reaction? Some unintended. Players have to field this, his family as the hunt for information regarding Kadri is now on. Leafs lunch talks about the issues being off ice. How deep will the rabbit hole go? Nobody knows.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
if the leafs were closing in on a playoff spot does kadri get 3 games?

this has to do with helping the tank. i can understand sending the kid home 1 day or playing on the 4th line one game but what team benches a player for being late once? unless the kid is a complete ****** behind close doors i cant see the leafs being this uptight over being late.

Nashville suspended Radulov and another player when they were in the playoffs and down two games in their series. so. i'm thinking if it was a big enough problem, yah, Naz would probably have been sat down.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Maybe Kadri has had enough of this gong show and this is his way (misguided for sure) of getting the hell out of Dodge. Who knows? Maybe being an Ont product playing for the Leafs is just too much for him? Who knows? Or maybe he has done everything asked of him but still not good enough?? Who knows?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My guess is they tried dealing with it behind closed doors, it wasn't getting through so ........

Maybe. If, (and this is a big if as we really don't know what's happening) a player really has an attitude that bad, isn't responding to whatever they're doing internally ... what are the odds a guy like that ever changes? Slim IMO which means it makes sense to trade the guy instead of shaming him publicly and decreasing his trade value.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nashville suspended Radulov and another player when they were in the playoffs and down two games in their series. so. i'm thinking if it was a big enough problem, yah, Naz would probably have been sat down.

Principle difference Radulov conduct was reported by the media first. The suspension was reactionary not like this. This **** is unprecedented and ill advised.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

It would certainly make sense. After all, when you really need to win games and bench a guy, it sends a much stronger message then it does benching a guy when you're in tank mode.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Maybe. If, (and this is a big if as we really don't know what's happening) a player really has an attitude that bad, isn't responding to whatever they're doing internally ... what are the odds a guy like that ever changes? Slim IMO which means it makes sense to trade the guy instead of shaming him publicly and decreasing his trade value.

A least you get it. I am glad some people do here. This is appalling and so bush league it's not even funny.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
No embarrassing is the organization using the media to flame Kadri without basis. They have taken a family issue and fed it to the media to speculate on, investigate. Look around, the question now is what is Kadri's deal?

In pro sports the action they took is generally reserved for players with publicly known issues. Reactionary ONLY! The proper course of action is to keep it quiet and trade for the best possible return.

Now we have guys like Lupul having to answer for... "This is not an Evander Kane situation". Every media person is going to be digging as if **** isn't bad enough, this is another idiot move by an idiotic franchise that has nothing but a consistent record of stupidity.

I guess MLSE should be extra careful in the future so as not to send the TO media into a frenzy. :sarcasm:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Maybe you should read my post again. I don't recall ever saying Kadri didn't deserve discipline and I never "belittled" their reasoning - how could I, I don't know what their reasoning was? :) I was just wondering what these mysterious past transgressions were.

Perhaps you're right - they didn't announce it only be one game right away. Still, that's the way it sounded to many people, it's very unimpressive that it took them several days to decide that three games is the appropriate punishment. I stand by what I said earlier, the Leafs come off looking indecisive and incompetent.

And this past transgressions stuff is BS. If he did something in the past that merited sitting him out, then sit him out. Deal with stuff as it comes up, if you don't then you're just asking for it to happen again IMO.

If you say so. When people write obviously ridiculous reasons for something, I take it that they think there can't be serious ones. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.

They might have dealt with it, but it resurfaced. So they dealt with it again, and it has resurfaced. So now they went all in. That's at least my take on it, and we know that they have been working on Kadri quite a lot before.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Principle difference Radulov conduct was reported by the media first. The suspension was reactionary not like this. This **** is unprecedented and ill advised.

How is a reactionary suspension to media attention better then suspending him than informing the media? I cant think of any way bowing to media pressure is better.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

well. this is the thing - and I think i wrote this a few pages ago.
Nazzy is a very cocky player and he thinks very high of himself and that has been there since day one. and while I think it's a good think when it's been harnessed properly (and we've seen it) he's always, always, needed to be knocked down a peg by management.

i think this happens a few times [in the league - Seguin is the one that automatically comes to mind] and I don't think it would decrease it.... not really. Not sure.

what would concern me more is- if Naz doesn't shape up. they can't keep him. the end, the Leafs simply can't afford to, because if youre salting & burning this bad bad team and trying to kill out blue and white disease, you can't keep Nazzy if he doesn't shape up. the stress in Shanahan's point is that they do see him as the future, management likes him, and they want to build around him if he can shape up. So I really hope he listens, and does it for his own personal sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad