Pre-Game Talk: Kadri’s Suspension (Upd: In-Person Hearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
What about an elbow square in dermotts nose that caused significant damage?
Huge missed penalty. Not suspension worthy.

Bruins did a lot of dirty, stupid plays that they got away with. It completely impacted the game. Sadly none are suspension worthy.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
The people ripping Kadri for that might as well convert to Boston fans. Disgusting. When the other team is cheap-shotting you all night and the refs do absolutely nothing about it, nor will your soft teammates do a damn thing but watch, I'm glad he stepped up and took a run at DeBrusk. There's no way that should have been a major given all the other crap that was let go in the game. Blaming Kadri for that is as disgraceful as the officiating tonight!

You take a run at DeBrusk by trying to get him to drop the gloves and fight, not cross checking him in the face and giving yourself a likely suspension.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Everything that was let go in the game will not impact what the DOPS decides to do with this hit in all likelihood. I'd expect 2 games. Angry? Hit harder when there's a hit to made as part of the game. Unfortunately for us, Kadri is lacking in sense and it comes out when it matters most.

Mar 26, 2010
No proof of anything.

Dubrusk was selling it.
Exactly, if anybody is getting suspended it will be DeBrusk for his disgusting intent to injure Kadri.

That DeBrusk is a serious piece of shit! I hope somebody catches him with his head down coming across the blue line. That was a very dangerous knee stunt he pulled on Kadri, just Disgusting.

Now all the leaf heaters are on the main board crying that Kadri should be suspended. f*** that, good to see Naz stand up and not take that kind of bullshit.

Reactions: Eric bungay

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Debrusk sold that like a little bitch. He popped right up and was talking shit after Kadri was pulled away by the refs.

If anything debrusk should be the one suspended with all the dirty plays all night

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The 5:00 major was enough. Let's remember how DeBrusk got away with the elbow on Dermott and the knee on knee against Kadri. I'm not saying it was right for Kadri to do what he did but if the refs called DeBrusk for those penalties a lot earlier, it would have made a difference.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah man. I mean Boston starts all the dirty hits. When the leafs start to do it these fools come out with major crimes! **** out of here!

It makes no sense. How can Kadri be the idiot when nothing like that was being called all game? There were at least 5 instances where Boston took cheap shots either to the face or knee of Leafs tonight and none of them were even called a penalty. But yeah lets rip on the only player on our team who's not willing to watch them beat the f*** out of us literally and physically. Hyman getting gooned by 3 Bruins and Matthews and Marner just watch - it's a f***ing joke.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
While I don't mind seeing Kadri potentially getting into a lot of trouble for standing up for a teammate, the difference between Kadri and a lot of Bruins aggressors is they understand how to goon.

Bruins players will hit you with borderline plays and then give you the little bonus cheap shot. They know how to start the trouble and escalate trouble but by the time someone like Kadri comes in with the nuclear option, they back off and play innocent. They're a goon franchise that's been at this for years.

The real smart play would have been to have let it go and really buried McAvoy/Pastrnak/Bergeron/Marchand when the opportunity arises. That's what Boston would do.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Repeat of last year. Talk about retaliation and standing up for eachother all you want, there's a smart way to do that and there's a dumb way, and Kadri has taken the second option two series in a row. This will likely be a suspension, and it might prove the tipping point of this series.

Also, cut it with blaming the refs. I'm far from a fan either, but this was the most lopsided game in the playoffs so far. This wasn't a game that was some referee decisions away from going our way.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
so we're blaming other people because Naz isn't smart.
so let's do it your way. we have enforcers and whatever else you want, yah.
Debrusk hits Marleau like he did

are you seriously telling me Naz, knowing his history, is going to go in his head. "it's okay. Imma gonna get off the ice now, because i know the enforcer we signed will take care of him?" like he's not going to go Red Mist mode, and do something dumb? again?

I'm sorry. we could have have all the enforcers on the team you want, it doesn't change the fact that last year Naz decided to go after Wingles, and then opened his mouth and doubled down on the hit as revenge. that was automatic. Nor does it change the fact that this year, Naz. knowing what happened last year, decided. "hey, you know what. Let me introduce my stick to DeBrusk's head. In front of a ref."

but it's management's fault for not having an enforcer. okay.
lets look at the facts

last year we sit Martin (i freak out of course) and Naz is now the 'enforcer' the hot head we all know he can be does what hot heads do and gets suspended.

This year...after watching that happen.....we get even SOFTER bestowing the 'enforcer' role on Naz once again. And what do you know......the hot head acts like a hot head again. I'm so shocked i can't put it into words. This was PREDICTABLE AF. Why does nobody listen :(

jbell886

Sep 6, 2009
OMG too funny as a poster in the GDT thought Kadri would get a suspension lol

He was so right.

i was at my buddies place and after i saw him out for the 3rd i said hes pissed, hes either going to get a goal or get suspended

he managed to do both. and for anyone saying it shouldnt be a suspension take off the leaf glasses for a minute. I understand hes pissed at debrusk and i dont blame him but hes gotta learn to stay on the right side of the line.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Huge missed penalty. Not suspension worthy.

Bruins did a lot of dirty, stupid plays that they got away with. It completely impacted the game. Sadly none are suspension worthy.

Kadri play isn’t suspension worthy either if debrusk elbow isn’t

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
It makes no sense. How can Kadri be the idiot when nothing like that was being called all game? There were at least 5 instances where Boston took cheap shots either to the face or knee of Leafs tonight and none of them were even called a penalty. But yeah lets rip on the only player on our team who's not willing to watch them beat the f*** out of us literally and physically. Hyman getting gooned by 3 Bruins and Matthews and Marner just watch - it's a f***ing joke.

That's what pisses me off. They brush off all the other stuff but Kadri!!!!!!!!!!!! What the f*** were you watching out there?

Reactions: 93WrapAround
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad