Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Well aren't you a tough guy :rolleyes: It's not about feelings, it's about displaying some kind of rationality, "Hey you're a finn" is not an argument but if that's what you're about then you do you.
I agree with you in principle, and truthfully I think the Finns we’ve seen posting have been — almost to a person — excellent contributors to this forum since they’ve appeared...

...but you have to understand: our experience of the Norwegian Zucc backing contingent has left us very skittish. There was like one poster from Norway who was rational and the others were all completely unbearable fanboys. :)

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I agree with you in principle, and truthfully I think the Finns we’ve seen posting have been — almost to a person — excellent contributors to this forum since they’ve appeared...

...but you have to understand: our experience of the Norwegian Zucc backing contingent has left us very skittish. There was like one poster from Norway who was rational and the others were all completely unbearable fanboys. :)

and then there was Webster

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What is up with his body language on the bench? Looks like has stomach pains or something.

I wish he changes his number to something cooler, 24 is terrible.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
What is up with his body language on the bench? Looks like has stomach pains or something.

I wish he changes his number to something cooler, 24 is terrible.

Agree about the number, I hate 24. Regarding the stomach pains, he has celiacs disease and he's got a guy named "Breadman" sharing the bench. Rough situation for the kid.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I said in pre season but playing on the 2nd line is not sheltering him.

So sad to watch him with Strome, and Lemieux on pp.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland

For sure there's a few unbearable guys who muddy the conversation for everyone else. After those people put their "stamp" on something, everything becomes controversial to discuss about. Even obvious things like, maybe Strome isn't the best fit on that 2nd line becomes a "homer" thing to say when it's really something most people agree with across the board. Problem is alot of guys just don't learn how to ignore certain people even after they clearly see them for what they are, they just keep on engaging with them and pissing themselves off then blaming everyone else who happens to be from Finland for it :laugh:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He hasn't put up any points yet but he's looked good to me. He has a 200' game which is quite remarkable for an 18 year old. His decision making is really good whatever the situation. The points will start coming though I think it would help if he had a better center.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The 2nd line just doesn’t seem to click, Strome isn’t dynamic enough, and Kreider isn’t playing well. Kakko has a lot to overcome just to be a presence. He’s doing the right things positionally IMO but can’t unleash the offensive side of his game dude to the line being sub par.

Reactions: CasusBelli

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I honestly feel like Strome is a downgrade from Chytil in this role. I’d rather have growing pains with Chytil and a line that could actually be dynamic than the second line we’re icing. I’d honestly give Lias and Namestnikov a crack at the 2C as well (before calling Chytil up, since at this point what’s done is done for now). Strome, Kreider and KK just don’t seem to have any complimentary components to their games. Lias is playing with a ton of jump and energy. It’s only two games, no reason to panic and maybe they’ll develop some chemistry but they just don’t seem like three players that’s skills mesh.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I've been most impressed with how dynamic and quickly he can stickhandle to open up some extra ice for himself to make a play. I'm not worried about the scoring because you can see that he's active all over the ice- Andrei Svechnikov looked similar last year, and he's gonna be a scoring machine this year or next.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I honestly feel like Strome is a downgrade from Chytil in this role. I’d rather have growing pains with Chytil and a line that could actually be dynamic than the second line we’re icing. I’d honestly give Lias and Namestnikov a crack at the 2C as well (before calling Chytil up, since at this point what’s done is done for now). Strome, Kreider and KK just don’t seem to have any complimentary components to their games. Lias is playing with a ton of jump and energy. It’s only two games, no reason to panic and maybe they’ll develop some chemistry but they just don’t seem like three players that’s skills mesh.
Yup, Strome brings absolutely nothing to that line. I hope they look at other combos over the break. The first line won’t be able to dominate every team we meet, Jets and Sens have poor defenses but a team with a real top pair will be a problem.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad