JvR

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Glad to see him pot a couple, but for some sort of mean streak to develop is what I am really waiting for

He's just not that kind of player. I don't think that'll happen.

JvR is really good at protecting the puck, good on the boards, down low, etc.

He's got a good shot, and I think he'll drive more to the net, but he's not really going hit players through the glass.

12345*

I like the way Carlyle "Calls out" players, he seems much better at it than Wilson. He just had a meeting with JVR & Grabo and told them they weren't playing terrible, but he knows they have more to give. It's not a huge story, and it doesn't create huge pressure or anything on either of them; but low and behold both come out tonight with big games.

It's only been three games so far this year, but I've been impressed with Carlyle's coaching.

I like his tone. Its very positive, whether win or lose. And words things truthfully and without any negative connotation. It is more, this is something that needs to improve for us to be successful. Its not annoying lol.

12345*

He's got a good shot, and I think he'll drive more to the net, but he's not really going hit players through the glass.

Agreed. I think as long as he protects his ice and makes it to where he wants to go I'm happy. Straight to the net and consistent effort is what I'm looking for.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I really hope he can do what Kesler does for the Canucks on the PP.

We desperately need some presence in front of the net on the PP.

12345*

I really hope he can do what Kesler does for the Canucks on the PP.

We desperately need some presence in front of the net on the PP.

We need to find some 3rd/4th line braveheart that can do the job. No one is going to willingly stand in front of the net and get owned by Phaneuf's inaccurate cannon.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010

he's our poor-man's rick nash

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
JVR will require real patience if we are to see his true potential.

He is still a bit lanky and awkward, and missed quite a bit of development time to injury. But the hands and shot are there and he has real speed for his size.

What we might have is a mix of Nash and Antropov. That would be pretty sick

MajorityRules*

We just said we're "worried". We have no determined his worth.

Just like, if jvr was spectacular the firs two games, we would be "excited".

You see... When you're a realist, you allow the FACTS to determine your position.

Being a realist, I'm a little worried about him now. The FACT that he wasn't able to get a hatrick has me very concerned.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Responded to RC's criticism, good for him. Still would like him to use his size more, and not by hitting or fighting or any of those things. Would like to see him play more a Nichuskin game, JVR in the playoffs a few years ago was unstoppable, when he is skating and going to the net his value goes up 10 fold.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Responded to RC's criticism, good for him. Still would like him to use his size more, and not by hitting or fighting or any of those things. Would like to see him play more a Nichuskin game, JVR in the playoffs a few years ago was unstoppable, when he is skating and going to the net his value goes up 10 fold.

LOl what? "I'd really like Phaneuf to play a more Seth Jones game" I wish Kessel would play more like Drouin. That's the best comparison you could throw out? A prospect who hasn't played a game in the NHL? :laugh:

JVR needs to turn himself into Rick Nash, which is definitely possible. Nash isn't a Ryan Malone, or Ryan Clowe type, he isn't as gritty as those guys, but has way more speed and better hands and shot.

If JVR can harness that, start going to the net hard and using his speed just as much as his big frame he's going to be dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad