Sportsnet: JVR vs Pacioretty

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
umm max came in 4th with only 73 games played

gpg would have had him in 2nd?

but ya only in leaf land would we pick a guy with 10 less goal , 15 less points a +/- differential on like 17 and and has the advantage of riding shorgun with kessel.:shakehead

man this fan base I tell ya:amazed:

On pure points going off last season you maybe correct. We have a very deficient center playing on that line and this adds to the equation. I would wait until the end of this season before I would declare one better then the other. JVR just started to realize his potential and still is learning how he can affect the game ...right now a slight edge to Max.

ocrighton

Oct 23, 2008
They were on the same team at the olympics. Pacioretty had 1 point, JVR had 7.............

Pacioretty also played 5 games to JVR's 6, which makes me think he was a healthy scratch for one of those games.

Maybe I'm biased but EASILY JVR for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
They were on the same team at the olympics. Pacioretty had 1 point, JVR had 7.............

Pacioretty also played 5 games to JVR's 6, which makes me think he was a healthy scratch for one of those games.

Maybe I'm biased but EASILY JVR for me.

So you are basing your judgement on one olympics? Not on the fact that they had similar produvtion this season? Not taking into consideration that Max was on pace for over 40 goals? Had a major injury? Had inferior linemates?

I'd keep Max but I love JVR as well.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
On pure points going off last season you maybe correct. We have a very deficient center playing on that line and this adds to the equation. I would wait until the end of this season before I would declare one better then the other. JVR just started to realize his potential and still is learning how he can affect the game ...right now a slight edge to Max.

well to be fair here dice, what offensive force is max playing with?

nothing on that roster comes close to kessels O

I would not give to much of an offensive nod to any hab C over bozo ,

I thrilled we have jvr but still gotta call it like I see it, even if it means polishing up a dirty rotton hab.

Hope Bringer

Jan 6, 2010
It's very close, both solid players on solid contracts

I think Patches would be the perfect compliment for a player like Kadri

hockeyfanz*

Patch got smoked by Chara...into the stantion.

JVR got smoked by Phaneuf on a beauty open ice hit.

I think JVR recovered much quicker. Going with him. He can take a hit better than Patches can. JVR uses his big frame better too.

Plus Patches is a HAB (PUKE)

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
It's pretty close, but I would love to see JVR show that he can keep it up for a few more years. Then again, wouldn't wanna break up the chemistry!

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Pacioretty plays against far easier competition when compared to JVR(2 years in a row) and he also has 53% offensive zone starts, compared to JVR's 47%. The year before, Pacioretty had over 60% of his starts in the offensive zone, compared to JVR's 48%.

Pacioretty is quite sheltered.

2013-2014
Pacioretty:
Corsi Relative=0.264
Corsi QoC=0.234

JVR:
Corsi Relative=1.135
Corsi QoC=1.077

2012-2013
Pacioretty:
Corsi Relative=-0.260
Corsi QoC=-1.527

JVR:
Corsi Relative=0.935
Corsi QoC=2.274

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Patch got smoked by Chara...into the stantion.

JVR got smoked by Phaneuf on a beauty open ice hit.

I think JVR recovered much quicker. Going with him. He can take a hit better than Patches can. JVR uses his big frame better too.

Plus Patches is a HAB (PUKE)

I seriously hope this was a joke post

Pacioretty plays against far easier competition when compared to JVR(2 years in a row) and he also has 53% offensive zone starts, compared to JVR's 47%. The year before, Pacioretty had over 60% of his starts in the offensive zone, compared to JVR's 48%.

2013-2014
Pacioretty:
Corsi Relative=0.264
Corsi QoC=0.234

JVR:
Corsi Relative=1.135
Corsi QoC=1.077

2012-2013
Pacioretty:
Corsi Relative=-0.260
Corsi QoC=-1.527

JVR:
Corsi Relative=0.935
Corsi QoC=2.274

I'm more interested in where they finish than where they start

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando

2013-2014
Pacioretty:
Corsi Relative=0.264
Corsi QoC=0.234

JVR:
Corsi Relative=1.135
Corsi QoC=1.077

2012-2013
Pacioretty:
Corsi Relative=-0.260
Corsi QoC=-1.527

JVR:
Corsi Relative=0.935
Corsi QoC=2.274

JVR played tougher minutes in more defensive situations. Reverse roles, it's highly likely that their point/goal production also get swapped.

So, I take JVR just because I know he has great chemistry with existing core members.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
- Pacioretty turns 26 in November while JVR turned 25 in May.
- Max 213 points , JVR 192 points

It really is a lot closer than people may think

Kessel has hit 70+ points 3 seasons in a row, that is a mark Max has yet to achieve in his career

It's not just about the production. If your ream needs a sniper, they take Patches. If they need a PFWD to complement an elite sniper they already have, they take JVR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad