Eklund Rumor: JVR to Philadelphia Flyers? (E3)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
JVR is having a good year. 33pts has him tied for 6th among LW, and 27th among forwards. a 30G/70pt season is possible if he stays healthy.'

if the leafs move JVR, its gonna be for a youngish top 4 dman. If they dont get that, they happily keep him. Can't have too many 6'3 top line wingers

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs don't really have any scoring LWers besides JVR. Very difficult for the Leafs to trade him, cause you still want the team to achieve this year. The same with Bozak, sure he has trading value but the Leafs aren't deep at NHL centre, so Bozak really has to stay too.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Well, JVR would instantly be Philly's best winger, so they'd certainly get a ton out of any deal. But what would Toronto get out of it?

The Leafs would need a top D prospect coming back, and probably a pick too. Morin or Sanheim, + more for sure.

So I don't think it makes sense for either team at this time. Toronto is knocking on the playoff door and will need JVR this season, and Philly can't afford to be trading away futures like that right now.

Ain't happenin'.

Eight words in and you lost any cred lol.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Given Toronto is close to a playoff I doubt very much they trade JVR.

I personally think it shouldn't change anything. We aren't in a bad position - being a team somewhat in the mix for a spot....unlike a team willing to unload because of their bottom of the standings position. We hopefully can get some okay value out of players that aren't "on the low" and it really doesn't change our overall direction. Moving JvR / Bozak etc isn't a bad idea..

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I personally think it shouldn't change anything. We aren't in a bad position - being a team somewhat in the mix for a spot....unlike a team willing to unload because of their bottom of the standings position. We hopefully can get some okay value out of players that aren't "on the low" and it really doesn't change our overall direction. Moving JvR / Bozak etc isn't a bad idea..

Bozak definitely, he really doesn't slot into the future depth chart and with Nylander shifting to centre we can replace Bozak's loss out of the system immediately (Leipsic/Kapanen)

JVR is a tougher replacement, it's likely that some of the wingers pan out but I'm not sure that we want to bank on 2 of them doing so in the short term.

JVR is also 3 years younger than Bozak and should have 3-6 years of high level performance left, so I could see keeping him. Lots of media outlets changing their tune to "keep JVR" now that it seems the team's performance isn't a mirage

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Bozak definitely, he really doesn't slot into the future depth chart and with Nylander shifting to centre we can replace Bozak's loss out of the system immediately (Leipsic/Kapanen)

JVR is a tougher replacement, it's likely that some of the wingers pan out but I'm not sure that we want to bank on 2 of them doing so in the short term.

JVR is also 3 years younger than Bozak and should have 3-6 years of high level performance left, so I could see keeping him. Lots of media outlets changing their tune to "keep JVR" now that it seems the team's performance isn't a mirage
I can agree on either. JvR is a legit winger to keep; but could potentially take advantage of his value to upgrade our thin backend for the future ( I don't mean a ready top dman,but a decent prospect ahead of Dermott/Neilsen). I am confident in our guys...just think our forward group is strong enough to withstand losing JvR , while promoting internally.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I can agree on either. JvR is a legit winger to keep; but could potentially take advantage of his value to upgrade our thin backend for the future ( I don't mean a ready top dman,but a decent prospect ahead of Dermott/Neilsen). I am confident in our guys...just think our forward group is strong enough to withstand losing JvR , while promoting internally.

I think if we're looking at prospects, unless it's someone who's knocking on the NHL's door, that we'll throw a bunch of picks at dmen in the draft and see what sticks

I agree that we could probably stand to lose JVR over a 2ish year horizon but I think we suffer in the short term. One thing that we don't have ready is forwards with size too, might have trouble on the cycle if we have 3 guys under 6' and 190lbs on a line. JVR is also a great scorer from within 5-10 feet...he could have had 3 goals on saturday very easily, not sure who replaces that out of the system right now. Leipsic gets to the right places lots of the time but I don't think he could stand there and hold his ground like JVR does

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad