Eklund Rumor: JVR to Philadelphia Flyers? (E3)

KTG

Mar 6, 2015
I really see a JVR to Philly trade making a lot of sense for a variety of reasons. Having played with this team before he has familiarity and chemistry. He would slot into that first line LW really well and give Philly proper depth. And in my mind Philly has to start making hay while their core is still in their prime.

I know Philly fans regard their D prospects really highly, but they have depth to spare and at some point they have to make a go for it with this core. I think this deal is fair value and makes sense for both clubs:

JVR for Read + Sanheim + Sandstrom

The value for this trade is two fold. Replacing 2 years of Read for 2 years of JVR for a difference of $625 000 works from a cap standpoint and Philly has an expansion spot for JVR. So you take the value of that and then the value of JVR and I think Sanheim and Sandstrom are fair value, and that still leaves Philly with an impressive stable of both D and goalie prospects.

Toronto adds depth to their back end at both D and in net, and they can easily afford Read for next season, try to trade him, or leave him open in expansion.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I really see a JVR to Philly trade making a lot of sense for a variety of reasons. Having played with this team before he has familiarity and chemistry. He would slot into that first line LW really well and give Philly proper depth. And in my mind Philly has to start making hay while their core is still in their prime.

I know Philly fans regard their D prospects really highly, but they have depth to spare and at some point they have to make a go for it with this core. I think this deal is fair value and makes sense for both clubs:

The value for this trade is two fold. Replacing 2 years of Read for 2 years of JVR for a difference of $625 000 works from a cap standpoint and Philly has an expansion spot for JVR. So you take the value of that and then the value of JVR and I think Sanheim and Sandstrom are fair value, and that still leaves Philly with an impressive stable of both D and goalie prospects.

Toronto adds depth to their back end at both D and in net, and they can easily afford Read for next season, try to trade him, or leave him open in expansion.

JVR didn't have chemistry with anyone here. That's why he was traded.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Lol....easy no for JVR for the above deal.

I would not trade Sanheim alone for JvR.

Then throw in the guy who was named the best goalie at the WJC and is at .919 sv% as a teenager in the worlds ~third best league... and a solid 3rd liner who could probably return a 2nd on his own?

For a guy who is producing the same outside the PP as when we shipped him out? And would not be getting on our #1 PP?

No thanks.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia

Lol that deal is laughable

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I would not trade Sanheim alone for JvR.

Then throw in the guy who was named the best goalie at the WJC and is at .919 sv% as a teenager in the worlds ~third best league... and a solid 3rd liner who could probably return a 2nd on his own?

For a guy who is producing the same outside the PP as when we shipped him out? And would not be getting on our #1 PP?

No thanks.

This.

Toronto can rightfully get more for JVR elsewhere. It's just not a match.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well, JVR would instantly be Philly's best winger, so they'd certainly get a ton out of any deal. But what would Toronto get out of it?

The Leafs would need a top D prospect coming back, and probably a pick too. Morin or Sanheim, + more for sure.

So I don't think it makes sense for either team at this time. Toronto is knocking on the playoff door and will need JVR this season, and Philly can't afford to be trading away futures like that right now.

Ain't happenin'.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Well, JVR would instantly be Philly's best winger, so they'd certainly get a ton out of any deal. But what would Toronto get out of it?

The Leafs would need a top D prospect coming back, and probably a pick too. Morin or Sanheim, + more for sure.

So I don't think it makes sense for either team at this time. Toronto is knocking on the playoff door and will need JVR this season, and Philly can't afford to be trading away futures like that right now.

Ain't happenin'.

Nice try lmfao

Heard of Simmonds and Voracek?

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
JVR isn't better than Voracek and he's about even with Simmonds, although I'd prefer Simmonds over JVR. JVR just leaves so much to be desired. He'll give you first line production but you don't expect much else.

everyone would take Simmonds over JVR if they want to be a playoff team

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Ain't happenin'.

You are high if you really think JVR is better than Voracek....and I am willing to bet almost every team takes Simmonds over him too.

Make a poll...should be fun to see even with all the Leafs homer votes....minus MBP.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
You guys are high if you really think JVR is better than Voracek....and I am willing to bet almost every team takes Simmonds over him too.

Make a poll...should be fun to see even with all the Leafs homer votes.

Uh, only one guy thought that. The other was helping pile on that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad