Eklund Rumor: JVR to Philadelphia Flyers? (E3)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
:laugh: Leafs aren't going to trade JvR to a team they are competing with in the playoff race for futures.

BTW, Andrew Nielson > Sanhein and Myers. We don't need D prospects, we need to upgrade our bottom pairing right now.

I like Sanheim alot more than Nielsen. If you guys could find a way to get Sanheim, that would be unreal

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
JVR back to Philly just doesn't make sense. Center depth and getting rid of the last of our terribly untalented group of D-Men is the top priority. If we get a 3rd line center, we can move Schenn back to the wing full time, especially now that Couturier is back.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
how is it at an all time high? he is playing well and could rack up even more pts if he gets more time with matthews.

It is a 2 year rental at this point. At the start of next year it becomes a 1 year rental. It is blatantly obvious and I don't even think that JVR would do well with Matthews anyhow. Pretty sure that is maybe why Babcock has not even really tried them together.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
It is a 2 year rental at this point. At the start of next year it becomes a 1 year rental. It is blatantly obvious and I don't even think that JVR would do well with Matthews anyhow. Pretty sure that is maybe why Babcock has not even really tried them together.

2 years of a really team friendly contract, and he's producing at an absolutely normal rate since joining the Leafs (it's actually crazy how consistent he is)

the bit about him not fitting with Matthews is baseless, and when you have to qualify your opinion with "pretty sure" and "maybe" that means its not built on a solid footing - doesn't mean it's wrong, but likely means there's no evidence to support it

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I like how no one mentions the offensive righthanded blueliner Mark Friedman.

Guy is brutally underrated and will be an integral part of our future D.

We'll see. Who knows if he even signs with us knowing what is in front of him. Good defenseman. Certainly underrated. Yet, not integral.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
I think Bozak is a better fit for the Flyers. Not sure what they'd give up in return.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Are the leafs legit playoff contenders or could bozak be available. Id be more interested in a center than a wing

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Would really love to get our hands on Philippe Myers.

He's impressed the heck out of me during the WJHC's.

He could be an absolute steal.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Aren't Philly and TO in direct competition for that final playoff spot as of today?

This is why no one believes Eklund.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We are not moving Bozak until next year...atleast. Nylander isn't ready yet to be a full time NHL center.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
E1 - This is a rumor that comes from a single reliable source not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved.
E2 - This rumor is simply more than one reliable sources not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved and not connected to each other. It does not have to equate to two E1's. It could be several E1's.
E3 - This rumor comes from a single source with ties somehow to the players or teams involved.
E4 - This rumor comes from more than one source with ties to the players or teams involved.
E5 - This rumor comes from source telling Eklund the deal is 100% done and just has not been announced yet.

E1 - He made it up.
E2 - He made it up.
E3 - He made it up.
E4 - He made it up, but it somehow makes some sense.
E5 - already reported everywhere.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Only Nylander would tempt Philly since besides D, we need a C. No need for wingers at all or Bozak if Myers is the cost.

Myers looks like a nice prospect, but not close to Nylander value - was a top 10 prospect heading into this year and is pacing for ~60pts, value is only going up for him as the risk factor drops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad