Value of: JVR to Nashville

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
How would this work:

Jack Dougherty(RHD)/Alexandre Carrier (RHD) - Both scored more than 50pts this past year in Juniors.
Colin Wilson
2017 1st

for JVR and bozak? no.

for JVR alone id probably do it with dougherty

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He's played two pro seasons, so he's exempt, unless the rules mean two pro seasons as of '17-18.

The rules mean 2 pro seasons as of next summer, so he would have played 3 but his 2 completed years don't count because he was 18 and 19 in the AHL.

So he's exempt.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
No.

We really can't move any of our top 4 without a replacement coming back.

The only way we can get JVR is if Toronto wants Fiala, firsts and players like Wilson.

Would be interested in Bozak though.

Bozak for 2nd+ Aberg

JVR for 1st+ Fiala +

That's about as high as I'd go.

It will be hard to keep your top 4 with the expansion draft coming up. Ekholm would be the starting point or no deal. JVR and Bozak are solid assets and I don't have interest in late 1st's and 2nd's. Leafs need a top 4 dman badly.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It will be hard to keep your top 4 with the expansion draft coming up. Ekholm would be the starting point or no deal. JVR and Bozak are solid assets and I don't have interest in late 1st's and 2nd's. Leafs need a top 4 dman badly.

Like I said before, no it won't be.

Josi, Subban, Ekholm, Ellis, Johansen, Forsberg, Smith.

We're not breaking up our defense.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Like I said before, no it won't be.

Josi, Subban, Ekholm, Ellis, Johansen, Forsberg, Smith.

We're not breaking up our defense.

No deal I guess. No chance the Leafs would want picks for the few solid veteran players they have left. They'd be looking for the best dman possible as a retun.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
I'd do Fabbro and Fiala for those 2. Is Fisher a cap dump? I'd take him on if so. Or maybe the Carrie factor is too strong :naughty:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Dante Fabbro + conditional 2017 1st (making the playoffs) for JVR

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We'd need a really good young RHD or prospect in any scenario involving JVR. There's just no chance we move him for anything but. Fabbro is a good start but I'd think they'd want a more nhl ready D.

Dougherty is a lil bit closer but could still use a year. Either way nashville will need to send back some cap if we were to go after both

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Toronto has RHD, but we need a top pairing potential guy...if there is a deal to be made for that, I'm sure they would consider it. Fabbro seems to be the guy.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Fabbro would be the ask/centerpiece for JVR I imagine. Ekholm would be amazing but as others have mentioned he's likely not available.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'd rather just try Fiala. It's not like we only have a 1 year window. We have time to use our own prospects in that LW spot. The Subban trade prolonged our window.

Trading Ekholm is just plain stupid for us. It's a real possibilty he plays with Subban. Fabbro is needed to restock.

This trade is fun in theory but being the wet sack I am, I have to say it's not really realistic while benefiting both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad