Value of: JVR to Nashville

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
The fact they moved Bernier for nothing shows that they're beginning to make room cap wise. I think we've taken on enough bad contracts and retention wise for awhile.

I think they just traded Bernier because Babcock isn't a fan of goalie tandems.

Why do they need cap space? Spending during free agency seems really unwise and they don't have to pay their rookies and Gardiner for 2 to 3 more seasons.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I think they just traded Bernier because Babcock isn't a fan of goalie tandems.

Why do they need cap space? Spending during free agency seems really unwise and they don't have to pay their rookies and Gardiner for 2 to 3 more seasons.

I honestly believe that come next season we might be ready to sign some complementary or core pieces. Sure retaining seems great right now but what if we have a stronger season than expected and find ourselves paying Bozak, JVR and Kessel a combined 6mil? That's enough to make a run at number one defensemen in free agency.

In It 2 Winnik

TankArmy4Puljujarvi
Dec 28, 2013
Toronto
Fabbro, Girard and a 2017 1st for Bozak, JvR and Holland (just to give an extra shot of offense and improve their depth.) How close would this be?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Fabbro, Girard and a 2017 1st for Bozak, JvR and Holland (just to give an extra shot of offense and improve their depth.) How close would this be?

This hurts Nashville just as much as it helps. We don't need all the extra forwards as we have some that should be ready in 1-2 years. This does end up hurting our defensive pipeline though as until this year's draft we had maybe one or two defensive prospect who may possibly become an NHLer. This year we added a few more to that list. TBH long term, we were really weaker as an organization on defense than offense. The JVR bit was more about the short term.

Curious what just JVR and nothing else would cost and how much more would need to be added to a 1st that isn't a defensive prospect. As far as NHLers go, we would likely like to send Colin Wilson the other way as well.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
That's pretty close imho, really depending on who the good prospect is. If it's Fabbro, done deal, though probably not fair to you guys. Maybe replace the 1st for Fabbro, and take it from there. IMHO Fabbro would be the centerpiece of the deal for Toronto.

Fabbro and a 2nd for JVR and Bozak?

no....

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Can't see JVR being available. he can probably get 30-35g with Matthews so that would raise his value. Bozak goes for what eller did (a pair of 2nds)

I'd ask Fiala, Girard, 2017 1st if the preds wanted both guys

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Not that I'm trying to undervalue JVR, but I do not want to trade Fabbro as we do not have that much D-depth outside this year's draft.

Depending on what the + may be, I might be willing to accept a 1st +.

Not sure if the Leafs will be willing to trade JVR without having a defenseman coming back. Adding what will probably be a late 1st and/or another winger in Fiala isn't going to be enough of an incentive over having JVR "shelter" the incoming young forwards in Toronto.

Just IMO. I'd throw in a lesser defenceman your way in order to secure Fabbro, if that helps :D

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
...and good prospect, which is pretty vague. I'd much rather Fabbro over their 2017 1st, he's a great RHD prospect, which is exactly what we need...Fiala, not so much.

Fiala had 50 pts in 66 games in the AHL as a junior aged player.
we might not "need" a winger, but he is singificantly farther along than fabbro.

id be ok with fabbro,forward prospect and 2017 1st.

with JVR, Nashvilles pick will be 20-30. we need two good prospects on top of that if we are giving up a top line LW and #2-3 C

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ekholm is a stud, he's surely not available

could be if nashville doesnt wanna protect just 4 forwards next year

forsberg,johansen,neal and 1 of craig smith, wilson, and fiala.
moving a d for an equal forward ensures they dont lose anyone good

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
could be if nashville doesnt wanna protect just 4 forwards next year

forsberg,johansen,neal and 1 of craig smith, wilson, and fiala.
moving a d for an equal forward ensures they dont lose anyone good

Josi, Subban, Ekholm and Ellis, Johansen, Forsberg, Neal, Smith.

Probably the easiest protection list in the entire league.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
We'd need a really good young RHD or prospect in any scenario involving JVR. There's just no chance we move him for anything but. Fabbro is a good start but I'd think they'd want a more nhl ready D.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
We'd need a really good young RHD or prospect in any scenario involving JVR. There's just no chance we move him for anything but. Fabbro is a good start but I'd think they'd want a more nhl ready D.

Which Nashville doesn't have outside their top 4. Exactly the reason I said earlier. Outside the top 4, Nashville's defensive depth is worse than Edmonton's was prior to the Hall trade.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Not sure if the Leafs will be willing to trade JVR without having a defenseman coming back. Adding what will probably be a late 1st and/or another winger in Fiala isn't going to be enough of an incentive over having JVR "shelter" the incoming young forwards in Toronto.

Just IMO. I'd throw in a lesser defenceman your way in order to secure Fabbro, if that helps :D

How would this work:

Jack Dougherty(RHD)/Alexandre Carrier (RHD) - Both scored more than 50pts this past year in Juniors.
Colin Wilson
2017 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad