Value of: JVR to Nashville

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
We need a second line centre as well, what would leafs want for jvr AND bozak??

First round pick, second round pick, and a good prospect??

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA

Toronto needs a young defenseman, so nothing less than that.

Also, Bozak by himself would fetch a low 1st rounder at the trade deadline so that offer is pretty bad.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB

Is Mattias Ekholm available? He would have to be a part of the deal I imagine along with other pieces

Jul 10, 2003
KW

That's pretty close imho, really depending on who the good prospect is. If it's Fabbro, done deal, though probably not fair to you guys. Maybe replace the 1st for Fabbro, and take it from there. IMHO Fabbro would be the centerpiece of the deal for Toronto.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'd be very interested in Fiala+ for JVR+Bozak. Not moving any of our top 4 D though.

I missed development camp this year though, maybe Fiala looked really good there.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Is Mattias Ekholm available? He would have to be a part of the deal I imagine along with other pieces

No.

We really can't move any of our top 4 without a replacement coming back.

The only way we can get JVR is if Toronto wants Fiala, firsts and players like Wilson.

Would be interested in Bozak though.

Bozak for 2nd+ Aberg

JVR for 1st+ Fiala +

That's about as high as I'd go.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No.

The only way we can get JVR is if Toronto wants Fiala, firsts and players like Wilson.

Bozak for 2nd+ Aberg

JVR for 1st+ Fiala +

No real interest in Fiala, already have a lot of players like him in our prospect pool.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
I seem to remember that Toronto couldn't get anyone interested in Bozak two seasons ago, now all of a sudden he's fetching prime assets? :help:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Something like Fabbro + 2nd for JVR.
Bozak is probably worth a B level prospect or a 2nd himself, unless a team gets desperate near trade d-day.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'd be very interested in Fiala+ for JVR+Bozak. Not moving any of our top 4 D though.
Not sure I'm sold on Bozak as well as not sure what the true value would be. I will also say I'm usually not one to trade a 1st, but this may be an exception if someone can come up with value there.

I missed development camp this year though, maybe Fiala looked really good there.

Fiala was great. Although he should be as it was his 3rd Dev. Camp.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
No.

Bozak for 2nd+ Aberg

JVR for 1st+ Fiala +

Pretty decent offer but not the type of player we need.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Bozak is probably worth a B level prospect or a 2nd himself, unless a team gets desperate near trade d-day.

Not that I'm trying to undervalue JVR, but I do not want to trade Fabbro as we do not have that much D-depth outside this year's draft.

Depending on what the + may be, I might be willing to accept a 1st +.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Before the Weber trade I'd be on the fence with trading our best defense prospect, but I'm ok with giving up almost anybody to make our team favorites.

Fabbro+ 1st+ 2nd for JVR & Bozak

We might need to send back some cap though.

JVR-Johansen-Neal
Forsberg-Bozak-Smith

Josi-Subban
Ekholm-Ellis

Yum

I seem to remember that Toronto couldn't get anyone interested in Bozak two seasons ago, now all of a sudden he's fetching prime assets? :help:

We need to replace Fisher and Riberio real soon, Gaustad left this offseason as well.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland

Toronto couldn't get what they wanted so they kept him. It doesn't mean he's worthless, it just shows he was worth more to them than other teams. It's not that far fetched given their lack of center depth at the time.

That being said, resigning kadri and picking Matthews makes moving him more feasible than before which means we'd be willing to accept less than at that time. I'm thinking a late first or early second coupled with a b prospect isn't that far fetched.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA

A low 1st is a prime asset to you? I guess it would be for a Rangers fan.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Leafs have a lot of cap space freeing up so I don't think they would be a problem retaining 50% on both if the return was good enough.

The fact they moved Bernier for nothing shows that they're beginning to make room cap wise. I think we've taken on enough bad contracts and retention wise for awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad