Post-Game Talk: JVR Came to Play, 4-3, Leafs win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
I thought I'd be so sad to see the tank being slowed down tonight. But I love this win. It was a good hockey win. The goals that they scored are hockey goals, not mistakes we made and we scored not because of streaky players, but actually a solid game. Kadri and Rielly are REALLY impressing, especially Kadri because I had almost given up on him. Good on him.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
oh god nothing better than getting in the Jet5 way of the post season

those guys deserved to get wrecked by JVR

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
I thought I'd be so sad to see the tank being slowed down tonight. But I love this win. It was a good hockey win. The goals that they scored are hockey goals, not mistakes we made and we scored not because of streaky players, but actually a solid game. Kadri and Rielly are REALLY impressing, especially Kadri because I had almost given up on him. Good on him.

Exactly how I felt tonight, feels good man.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
If we're going to win a game, keeping the Thrashers out of the playoffs sure is a fine game to win.

Especially when it was spearheaded by the young guys like Rielly and Kadri.

Last edited:

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
if there was 1 game we should win it was this one. **** Winnipeg and their fanbase

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Exactly this

Brian Leetch was one of my favorite players when I was growing up and Morgan Rielly plays an eerily similar game.

Well that's good that I am not the only one thinking their styles are really really close. Now that Rielly is going to the good ice more consistently in the middle in front of the net it brings the memories of leetch even more.

Leetch could be coasting in with the same bent over wide legged stance and still passing players with the head up just like Morgan does. I think this is going to become even more prominent in style as he reads even better in the future.

So similar its kind of weird.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Just amazed by the way he sees the game. 10 points in the last 14 games on a Leafs team that has had some trouble scoring, too.

Rielly is going to be friggin scary for teams in a couple years from now. We probably are getting used to it but the way he blows by players through the middle when he goes is second to none right now.

Four or five strides and they know they aren't catching him. Teams will be trying to hit him more as this goes on. A nice tough nasty partner to look after him on defense would be wise soon.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
if there was 1 game we should win it was this one. **** Winnipeg and their fanbase

I don't go to other boards. What are they saying to piss everyone off over there. I have friends of all different teams and I rib them hard even now lol. If you had some of them players on the leafs you wouldn't mind though I bet. :laugh:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Can we make an effort as a community to all call them the Thrashers. Pretty sure they really don't like it lol.

Oh yeah they would hate it. They still sold jets stuff right up to getting the team back. They never gave in. You could get it at their airport I know that much. They are jets proud all the way.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Rielly - 0g, 2a, +3, 0 giveaways

Trouba - 1g, 0a, -2, 4 giveaways

Rielly > Trouba

Love watching Winnipeg lose, and it's even better when it's because of us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad