Post-Game Talk: JVR Came to Play, 4-3, Leafs win

Status
Not open for further replies.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Ya but its up to him to make it a part of his game. I certainly wouldn't want him to be taking runs at guys but ya if he competes like that he's much more effective and the goals will come.

Exactly. It wasn't a crazy or dangerous play. Just the kind of every day toughness that can allow you to regenerate an offensive chance that has sputtered out.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Morgan Rielly with another monster game.

26 mins, 2 assists 3 SOG and the best possession player on the ice.

What a stud we have, Trouba might not even be in the same conversation in a few months. He has eclipsed him and is getting better every game.

The more comfortable he get the more he looks like Brian Leetch.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Leafs came really close to losing. Can't get the puck out of their zone and half the time handed it to the Jets. You're not supposed to HELP the other team. Terrible PP 4-3 on OT and Phil is out of shape and wouldn't shoot when I said "shoot". The last play was awesome though.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Whether it is true or not, I could never admit to rooting for the Leafs to lose, but at the beginning of tonights game I was.... expecting(?) them to lose.

However, the longer I watched the more I saw how hard the Leafs were trying and how well they were standing up for themselves I started to root for them again. Once I started seeing Winnipeg hack and slash I eventually decided to give the Leafs a "hall pass" for the night.

By the third period I was conflicted, but once I saw Wheeler run Kadri from behind I decided "****** it, I hope the Leafs get this win!" My ultimate dream for tonight would have been Kadri scoring the OT winner by shooting the puck and it deflecting in off of Blake Wheeler, but oh well.

Even though it was a penalty and had no real purpose other than standing up for himself, Kadri's hit on Wheeler was probably his highlight of the year. There are no real consequences at this point of the year, its not like the Leafs could miss the playoffs because of his penalty, so I'm happy to see him going out of his way to send a message.

Like a lot of people have said, tonight Kadri was a beast. A goal and an assist, (and a fight if you include his scrums with Myers in the 1st and/or Wheeler in the 3rd) he was playing physical, and you could tell he was getting under the skin of some of Winnipegs players. Tonight was easily Kadris best game of the year.

On another note, Morgan Rielly was a stud yet again. Someone said that the Leafs need a PP QB, but the Leafs dont run the PP through the defenseman like most teams. They run their PP through Kessel and typically forwards trust forwards more so thats why you rarely see Kessel pass the puck to Rielly at the point unless he has no other choice.

A goal and an assist for Nazem Kadri
2 assists for "Captain" Morgan Rielly
The future looks bright around those two.

Plus, goal and an assist for Winnik, an assist for Jokinen, and (im not sure about his point total, but) a solid showing from Lupul. Our biggest trade pieces are playing well.

THESE NEXT 9 DAYS ARE GOING TO BE SO EXCITING TO SEE HOW MUCH TURNOVER THE LEAFS CAN REALLY DO!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Can't wait to start the We Want A Cup chants at the next home game. :sarcasm:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Why all the hate against Winnipeg ? I really hope they make the playoffs, it would be great for their organisation and the city.

I hate Chipman. I hope he goes broke. Based on sports economics the city would be better off financially without the Jets. But it's still good to see them.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Whether it is true or not, I could never admit to rooting for the Leafs to lose, but at the beginning of tonights game I was.... expecting(?) them to lose.

However, the longer I watched the more I saw how hard the Leafs were trying and how well they were standing up for themselves I started to root for them again. Once I started seeing Winnipeg hack and slash I eventually decided to give the Leafs a "hall pass" for the night.

By the third period I was conflicted, but once I saw Wheeler run Kadri from behind I decided "****** it, I hope the Leafs get this win!" My ultimate dream for tonight would have been Kadri scoring the OT winner by shooting the puck and it deflecting in off of Blake Wheeler, but oh well.

Even though it was a penalty and had no real purpose other than standing up for himself, Kadri's hit on Wheeler was probably his highlight of the year. There are no real consequences at this point of the year, its not like the Leafs could miss the playoffs because of his penalty, so I'm happy to see him going out of his way to send a message.

Like a lot of people have said, tonight Kadri was a beast. A goal and an assist, (and a fight if you include his scrums with Myers in the 1st and/or Wheeler in the 3rd) he was playing physical, and you could tell he was getting under the skin of some of Winnipegs players. Tonight was easily Kadris best game of the year.

On another note, Morgan Rielly was a stud yet again. Someone said that the Leafs need a PP QB, but the Leafs dont run the PP through the defenseman like most teams. They run their PP through Kessel and typically forwards trust forwards more so thats why you rarely see Kessel pass the puck to Rielly at the point unless he has no other choice.

A goal and an assist for Nazem Kadri
2 assists for "Captain" Morgan Rielly
The future looks bright around those two.

Plus, goal and an assist for Winnik, an assist for Jokinen, and (im not sure about his point total, but) a solid showing from Lupul. Our biggest trade pieces are playing well.

THESE NEXT 9 DAYS ARE GOING TO BE SO EXCITING TO SEE HOW MUCH TURNOVER THE LEAFS CAN REALLY DO!!!!!!!!!

Was enjoying your post until your Turbin-ator crack at Kadri. What is that? Not cool and unless I'm really missing far and wide, I would consider it pretty offensive.

BB

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: