JVR - Are we over him yet?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
He's making me eat crow.

I fully thought he was a product of Kessel and Babcock has him playing a hybrid game. He's been great in front of the net, deflecting pucks or causing havoc for the goalie, and he's also been playing well in the slots.

I'd say he's a keeper.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
He's quietly having a very good season. :handclap:

Nice to see too. I was pretty critical of him in the offseason, but he's playing a much more complete game this season.

When we get Stamkos and our prospects make the leap next year, JVR will probably score at a good clip, play decent 2-way hockey and be part of our Cup winning team.

GJVRG. GSG. GLG.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Can't trade all your 24-28 year olds and hope to build a team.

Can't stand the trade everyone for picks crowd. They'd make us a perennial loser for a decade.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
JVR is a good hockey player - I have no idea why this was in question.

Admittedly I was on the pro-trade him side for a while in terms of the rebuild though now I'm becoming more open to keeping him.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Classic "depends on the return" scenario.

Don't think there's any reason for the Leafs to be actively shopping him, but if an offer comes that nets you a potential #1 goalie or a #1 center, I think you do it.

There's very few players on this roster that should be "untouchable". JvR is not one of those, in my opinion

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Keep him till the draft.

IF we trade him it will be at the draft, most likely in a trade up scenario.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
assuming our core is going to be nylander, marner, it doesn't hurt to have a power forward on the wings going forward.

even if our other forwards work out, the largest of the current crop for top six is kapanen. otherwise, it's johnson, dz, timashov, brown, bracco.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Of the previous core, I think JVR, Kadri, Bozak, and Gardiner have all proven that they can be valuable contributors under the tutelage of Babcock. I would keep them all given their ages. The guys that should be moved are Phaneuf, Lupul, and the plethora of veterans on expiring contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad