Player Discussion Justin Schultz

McDeathbyCheerios*

Far fetched, but I wonder how he'd do as a forward? He isn't good defensively and his only upside is offensive skill, I would try him out on forward. Can't be worse than what were seeing now.
not skilled enough for the top 6 and too weak for the bottom 6.

Originally Posted By*

Honestly I can't believe we haven't tried this yet

Byfuglien and Burns are two defenceman converted forward that I recall playing actually pretty solid.

Both of those players are big boys, but it would be interesting nonetheless; who knows, maybe he was a forward all along at heart? :sarcasm:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Byfuglien and Burns are two defenceman converted forward that I recall playing actually pretty solid.

Both of those players are big boys, but it would be interesting nonetheless; who knows, maybe he was a forward all along at heart? :sarcasm:

Maybe his soft ass wristers and slapshots will hit the net if he's actually closer to it. :laugh:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Larsen was also decent as a winger, so it doesn't necessarily have to be big players. You'd think we would try it once or twice before we deal him. But mind you, maybe that's sending the wrong message to teams that are looking at him

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Larsen was also decent as a winger, so it doesn't necessarily have to be big players. You'd think we would try it once or twice before we deal him. But mind you, maybe that's sending the wrong message to teams that are looking at him

Jultz as a hypothetical forward only makes sense next year. For whoever takes a flyer on him.

Right now the Oilers should get rid of him asap. Is it tampering if another GM were to ask they Oilers to try him on the wing?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I was going to sit down and see how many players NHL careers ended with the Oilers. The truth would've been to painful I think.

How many players had NHL careers with the Oilers who would have never made a team with a decent roster or would have been at best injury fill ins?

Originally Posted By*

How many players had NHL careers with the Oilers who would have never made a team with a decent roster or would have been at best injury fill ins?

True that, I believe at one point Liam Reddox and JFQ were on our top line.

Players who would have never had a chance to make the NHL were given opportunities during our darkest times, I wonder if they are appreciative of that lol

Originally Posted By*

Yeah totally forgot about Larsen. You are right though, if other teams see that we tried him on offence it could portray that he is done as a dman, and only way to salvage him is on Forward.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
wCcWULX.gif

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

Ugh.

After watching that, it's making me despise The Jultz all over again, like a fresh wave of hatred washing over me. :rant:

The only one I could perhaps give him a pass on was the SJ goal where it looked like he *might* have been hauled down.

The other GIFs make me want to attack him with a baseball bat.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
nice gif lol :laugh:

I would have also accepted the ptsd cupcake dog in there somewhere too

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
I remember that Charlie Huddy Sucks montage video from a few years bad. The one with Bad by MJ playing.

We need that for Schultz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad