Player Discussion Justin Schultz

Descendent*

Thanks again for picking Edmonton! :handclap:

I can't help but :D every time I look at the list of AHL Top Scorers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Is there any website that tells us the ice time statistics? I had a bit of a chuckle when I saw that he had more shots on goal that Jordan Eberle and even a slightly higher shots per game than Taylor Hall.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Is there any website that tells us the ice time statistics? I had a bit of a chuckle when I saw that he had more shots on goal that Jordan Eberle and even a slightly higher shots per game than Taylor Hall.

No but he's playing a ton. Top pairing at ES, PP, and PK.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I honestly think that Morgan Reilly will turn into the best defenceman in this draft..Columbus should've taken him..they need offence, he's offence..
Murray's a good player..but I think that pick will turn out very much like the Rostislav Klesla pick..maybe slightly better but not much. Still decent though.

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
schultz is playing 28-30min a game and according to Nelson would play 40 minutes if they would allow him lol, yeah its great he is given a chance to play so many minutes, and play on the pk. his defensive game will just get better and better ready for the NHL whenever a season happens next year? 2 years? :p

Rielly will be really good,but i think its funny how everyone has him written in as a stud when he hasnt played a pro game yet, meanwhile Schultz is dominating the best north american pro league and he wont do so well in the NHL...so funny :D

how is schultz still considered over hyped? if he was on someone else's team and playing like he is i'd be wishing he was an oiler bigtime

Last edited:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
where's Jankowski on this list...

this needs to be an oilers board meme imo, just last night all the boys at hockey were talking about how sick the junior team looks, (we live in calgary) and i asked them if that kid they traded down in teh first for made it. crickets lol

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk:shakehead

Yeah i have to agree Butto's lists are almost always out of order. Yak should be second on the list but that could piss off some non oiler fans, yak and schultz would be playing big roles on the oilers right now if this stupid lockout wasn't going on.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
I honestly think that Morgan Reilly will turn into the best defenceman in this draft..Columbus should've taken him..they need offence, he's offence..
Murray's a good player..but I think that pick will turn out very much like the Rostislav Klesla pick..maybe slightly better but not much. Still decent though.

They didn't take Rielly because they have Jack Johnson

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Yeah i have to agree Butto's lists are almost always out of order. Yak should be second on the list but that could piss off some non oiler fans, yak and schultz would be playing big roles on the oilers right now if this stupid lockout wasn't going on.

Ya, what Yakupov did to get behind Rielly boggles the mind. So Yak is nearly a ppg in a pro league while Rielly is still in the WHL. Any way, I agree, should be yaks and Shultz 1 and 2. but whatever.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk:shakehead

I agree with that list. Morgan Reilly is playing unbelievably this year.

I think Glachenyuk should of went 1st overall last year; but with his injury, that would of been a gutsy call. Those types of calls the Oil always fail at: Riley Nash, Plante, MAP ... etc., etc., etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad