Confirmed with Link: Justin Schultz (50% retained) to Penguins for 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
You people act like the world is ending. How many players make it to the NHL from the third round? Lmao. Jeez, people are cynical. We'll see what he does.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The Penguins once traded a 3rd round pick for a week of Dan Hamhuis' rights.

I think getting an actual player who might turn into something good is significantly better and not "OMGOMGOGOMGOGOGOM" worthy.

But I sniff Simon Despres' socks, so I might be wrong.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Don't like giving up a third. Schultz here kinda makes Daley expendable, imo.

Something else has to happen, this can't be all.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I could understand if we had picked up some plodding defensive d, but we're playing an uptempo system that's tailor-made for skilled defensemen. If a talented but flawed d is going to turn his game around anywhere, it's here.

Well worth taking a flier on if the price is right.

That's what I'm thinking. H's far from perfect, but his strengths are exactly the strengths we seem to play to here right? A lot like Daley?

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
No, I'm making fun of people who immediately throw a fit about every trade.

(Usually I don't like to pull back the curtain on my art but I'm feeling generous today.)
That's what I figured. But you never know, some people still think Hags is a bum.

Fraction Jackson

Mar 1, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
We gave up a third rounder for this ******* AND we have Carl Hagelin under contract for three more years? KILL ME NOW.

These are not even remotely comparable things. Hags has been good and will continue to be good.

Schultz...we'll have to see. Maybe getting out of Edmonton will be good for him. Daley has fit in extremely well in this system. It's not out of the question that Schultz could too, although I don't think I'd have wanted to roll the dice on him, personally.

I have to assume there's another deal or two in the works, though.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Oil retains 50%?

Sounds like a solid deal. Like I said, a talent worth taking a flier on, and he provides NHL depth with Lovejoy out at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad