Not open for further replies.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Whatever, its done...move on. Let him earn his next contract
I'm just glad we didn't go 6x6. While he might be worth it. He needs at least a second full season in the NHL before making that kind of commitment.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Pretty much the same cap hit as his last contract. I hope this is bonuse laden again and not straight pay. Not a surprising number.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
1 Year .. Who cares.. Would rather see an overpay for 1 year then an overpay for 6 years.

No more excuses, time for him to step up this year and earn his $$$$$ for the long term contract.

koeltrain

Oct 27, 2005
E-town
Approximately 92K/point. Schultz should be able to put up 40 points.

Let's hope he improves on the defensive side of the game. He has a good stick IMO and was a good 2-way defencemen in college.

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
I'm happy with the amount, would have been nice to get a 2 year deal done, but gives him a chance to prove himself and go from there.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Didn't expect him to take a decrease, so not surprised by the number. It's a basic "meh" bridge contract, which I'm glad is signed before training camp rather than waiting until then and getting the same "meh" bridge contract.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I suppose it's nice that the D with the highest TOI on the team has an AAV that starts with a 3.

Now Justin, if you reading this, please continue to develop and get better.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
I suppose it's nice that the D with the highest TOI on the team has an AAV that starts with a 3.

High TOI on the Oilers though that was more due to organizational ineptitude rather than Schultz actually proving to be a top-level defenceman.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB

Yep, I just went an looked at the numbers for the team. As much as we can look at the long term cap and such, it would be hard for me in Schultz' position to look at the salaries the rest of the D will get paid, understand the expectation and take theoretically less (which I was mistaken about higher up, since it is less than the magical never hit bonus 1st contract).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad