Justin Holl Discussion Thread

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
He will be 28 when next season starts. Should sign him for 3 years at a reasonable rate.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
anything more than 2M will definitely be difficult for the leafs to keep him.

assuming the budget remains at 18.5M for the entire d (same as this year)

Reilly 5.5M
Barrie 7
Holl 2
Dermott 2
Sandin 1
Lily 1

I think with promise of icetime, his relationship with Dubas and Keefe will.make him a relatively easy negotiation to deal with.

Even from his agents POV, can use a 1-2 more years under thr media spotlight in Toronto to set Holl up for a bigger payday by 2022 or so than hed get right now.

Last edited:

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
I think with promise of icetime, his relationship with Dubas and Keefe will.make him a relatively easy negotiation to deal with.

Even from his agents POV, can use a 1-2 more years under thr media spotlight in Toronto to set Holl up for a bigger payday by 2022 or so than hed get right now.

I believe he has a good relationship with the coach - manager. On the flip side if he continues to trend upward and prove he can handle top 4 minutes it wouldn’t take much more money or term From another team. Everyone knows how tight they are against the cap. This could be the contract he cashes in on considering he’s on the right side of 30. The only positive for the leafs is that his nhl sample size is limited

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looks like the patient development has worked out well for this kid. Does make you wonder though if he couldn't have been of some use last year.

I believe he's UFA after this season. Any thoughts on what he can be re-signed for?

Reactions: The Apologist

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Looks like the patient development has worked out well for this kid. Does make you wonder though if he couldn't have been of some use last year.

I believe he's UFA after this season. Any thoughts on what he can be re-signed for?
Hes been very good. I am a little concerned that this gets translated into a contract we simply cant afford. That being said, I had resorted myself to the fact that one of Kap/AJ and one of the big three are going to go this offseason which may free up some cash for the likes of Holl.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
JUstin you’re f***ing awesome. We have needed a guy like him for decades

f*** you Babcock

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Dubas should be trying to get him locked up now. Slide him a deal at like 1.8 for 2 or 3 years and hope that the guy that probably thought he was heading to Europe will jump at the stability of term with an NHL salary....or we wait until after the season and probably double it.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
I would say at his age he will be looking at something like a 5 year deal at around 15 million.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Let's just be careful with a new contract and limit it to three years maximum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad