Justin Holl Discussion Thread

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He’s making a real nice first pass too, which isn’t necessarily new, that was always NHL caliber. With the improved D coverage he’s a perfect third pairing. Awesome we need it.

Looks comfortable too, like one mistake isn’t going to cost him his spot. Holl has arrived.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He's already played more NHL games this season than previous seasons combined. That's something.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He's pretty much the Gauthier of Defenders on the team.

Both who look extremely solid and perfect for their roles....but Both who could also be a lot nastier/mean given their Size/Height.

Something about the wearing the LEafs sweater just turns everyone soft

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
When he subbed in 2 years ago I thought it was the best stretch of games the Leafs had that entire year. I think it was when Polak was injured or something. I always wondered how he’d look with another shot.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Super solid #6 dman, My only complaint is that I wish he was a bit nastier, but thats not only exclusive to him

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Holl looked awful during stretches last year.

He's definitely put in the work and has really blossomed into a useful Right-handed D that the team desperately needs.

Let me throw this out there: salaries aside - who is the better D - Holl or Zaitsev?

Reactions: Cobra777

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Holl looked awful during stretches last year.

He's definitely put in the work and has really blossomed into a useful Right-handed D that the team desperately needs.

Let me throw this out there: salaries aside - who is the better D - Holl or Zaitsev?
Depends which Zaitsev you're getting. The Toronto or the Ottawa version?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
He's pretty much the Gauthier of Defenders on the team.

Both who look extremely solid and perfect for their roles....but Both who could also be a lot nastier/mean given their Size/Height.

Something about the wearing the LEafs sweater just turns everyone soft
Could be worse. He's thrown a few big hits this year. Had a good one tonight. Looks like a passable #6 dman.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Depends which Zaitsev you're getting. The Toronto or the Ottawa version?

Havent watched many ottawa games but frkm the 2 that I did see . he looks like hes having a great season - definitely earning his salary this year.

Maybe hes not bad afterall

Last edited:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Happy for Holl.

He’s endured and made the most of his chance.

As long as he continues to keep it simple I honk he’s solidified how handle on the 6th spot.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Surprisingly solid 6D. Reliable defensively, moves the puck decently well, and more grit/physicality than I expected based on his time with the Marlies. Hope he keeps it up!

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
Super solid #6 dman, My only complaint is that I wish he was a bit nastier, but thats not only exclusive to him

he looks like he has more confidence this year. Solid all around and in last nights game against the kings he threw a few solid hits. Doing that consistently will keep opposing players heads up

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Needs to do more if he wants to be considered a legit bottom pairing defenseman. Right now is functioning as a solid depth/#7 option, but a #5/#6 needs to handle more than 14 minutes a night... Especially on a team with Barrie struggling and Ceci being forced to play 22-23 minutes a night.

It's nice to see he's not a total disaster as originally expected, but he's hardly exceeding expectations for someone in his role either.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This guy took a long long time to develop but he is playing such a great game right now for us night in night out. Many nights' like last night, he is our best defender. So big strong and dependable. No mistakes. And last night made a play only top end guys make on Willy's goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00