Confirmed with Link: Justin Braun back to the Flyers, 1 year, 1.75 AAV

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
member when i said they would fill the roster with old washed up vets again this year...

hahah i member....

the Flyers HATE youth...
this team doesn't know what it's doing.

if they're rebuilding then they shouldn't be signing washed up vets to block kids.

and if they're a contender, then they'd be bringing Gaudreau in.

they are clueless. there's no plan at all. the entire organization is dog**** from top to bottom.

Evergreen

this team doesn't know what it's doing.

if they're rebuilding then they shouldn't be signing washed up vets to block kids.

and if they're a contender, then they'd be bringing Gaudreau in.

they are clueless. there's no plan at all. the entire organization is dog**** from top to bottom.
Chuck said that part of the problem last year was that they had to play the young guys too much but then also said that one of the good things about this year is that they will have an opportunity to play the young kids and see what they have. It makes no sense.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Chuck said that part of the problem last year was that they had to play the young guys too much but then also said that one of the good things about this year is that they will have an opportunity to play the young kids and see what they have. It makes no sense.
There is something to be said for playing young players when you think they're ready, rather than yo-yo them back and forth between the AHL and NHL due to injuries.

I think Torts likes having these options, not because he doesn't play young players, but because he benches them when they don't listen to get his message across - and to do so you need a couple veteran scrubs at the end of the roster to plug in.

At the end of last year Attard played every game and had a lot more TOI than Seeler and Connauton.
Zamula didn't play as much - so he's the one with something to prove to play ahead of the vets.

MacEwen (26) v Allison (25) v Laczynski (25) v Sandin (26) v Hogberg (26) is more what can you do for me now.

The only one Deslauriers will block is Ratcliffe. Willman played himself out of consideration last year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There is something to be said for playing young players when you think they're ready, rather than yo-yo them back and forth between the AHL and NHL due to injuries.

I think Torts likes having these options, not because he doesn't play young players, but because he benches them when they don't listen to get his message across - and to do so you need a couple veteran scrubs at the end of the roster to plug in.

At the end of last year Attard played every game and had a lot more TOI than Seeler and Connauton.
Zamula didn't play as much - so he's the one with something to prove to play ahead of the vets.

MacEwen (26) v Allison (25) v Laczynski (25) v Sandin (26) v Hogberg (26) is more what can you do for me now.

The only one Deslauriers will block is Ratcliffe. Willman played himself out of consideration last year.

There is nothing to be said for it.

The fact that Fletcher supports that way of thinking as a means of avoiding calling guys up does more to discredit it than anything else I can imagine.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Provy Braun
Sanheim TDA
Seeler Fisto

That is a SICK top 6,,, he actually stated he improved the D

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So his cap hit is only $1m

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This is the only signing I don't mind

I would've rather signed Braun and not traded for DeAngelo.

Fletcher royally screwed this up.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wish we traded for Burns instead of TD, and never signed Risto. That would have saved $4.8m on the cap, and the defense would be better.

Provorov-Burns
Sanheim-Braun
York-Attard/some other $1m vet

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille