Prospect Info: Justin Barron

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I don’t agree with those saying we should draft a forward now because of Barron. You go BPA. If that means Nemec, you do it. Guhle, Romanov, Barron and Nemec are safe bets for top 4. Harris less so, and Maillioux is a boom/bust type. Best case scenario, they all make it, and you trade one. There are worse things than having a team built on a strong young D core lol.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don’t agree with those saying we should draft a forward now because of Barron. You go BPA. If that means Nemec, you do it. Guhle, Romanov, Barron and Nemec are safe bets for top 4. Harris less so, and Maillioux is a boom/bust type. Best case scenario, they all make it, and you trade one. There are worse things than having a team built on a strong young D core lol.
Pretty much.

You can trade a dman for a forward if you have an abundance and vice versa

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I don't agree either. We could use high end talent at every position, including in goal, so go with BPA.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
A good prospect to pick up. I don't think he'll be a high point producer in NHL probably 30-ish. Could end up on a shut down pairing with Guhle, or a defensive partner for someone like Harris/Norlinder.

Liking our defensive depth now.

I keep thinking Petry pre-MTL breakout. 25-30pt second pairing guy.

Pretty good thing to have

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Barron is a lot like Guhle, maybe not the same upside that Guhle has but to have another rangy kid like him with smooth skating on the right hand side is a really, really nice get.

Now if we can take a swing on Lindgren or Korchinski with our 2nd or CGY 1st, it would be nice to add a high offensive upside D an to Norlinder & Mailloux to the pool.
The Avs had that high offense guy in their pool Sean Behrens. Many feel he's the best prospect in the Avs system, with the graduation of Newhook and Byram, and had passed Barron on the depth chart.

Probably wasn't going to be moved though.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Fair enough. Lots of people also said seider wasn't even in top 10 BPA. People tend to overrated forwards when draft time comes around

Reactions: Benstheman

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
That’s your prospect list and that should have been stated from your opening sentence and not generically as “the Avs prospect list”.

We all like the player but let’s be fair, I’ve seen on Twitter that a ratings source had him 9th. Obviously, it doesn’t matter as much since the player could be ranked higher when he joins another org., as will likely be the case as a Hab.

I thought it was obvious that it was my website. I certainly have never hid that lastwordonsports is my site... i mean its right in my username.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
From what Im reading here, Barron have a similar skill set than Romanov. We'll se where Romanov will be in 3-4 year from now, but better working on pairing Barron with Guhle.

I've heard his coach on radio this afternoon. He tolds that he wasnt used like an offensive weapon because older dmen in the team have that role. Maybe he's a kind of Mcdonagh and offense will come with time.

That said, we should still target an offensive threat even if there's a chance that Guhle, Barron, Romanov or Mailloux can pop up someday.

and yes, Behrens looks. Habs definitly has to take a look at his partner Seamus Casey this year.

Last edited:

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
The Avs had that high offense guy in their pool Sean Behrens. Many feel he's the best prospect in the Avs system, with the graduation of Newhook and Byram, and had passed Barron on the depth chart.

Probably wasn't going to be moved though.

Who is the responsable of that pick. We need scouts like yours

And thanks to give us time with well-educated infos

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fair enough. Lots of people also said seider wasn't even in top 10 BPA. People tend to overrated forwards when draft time comes around

That year in particular, after Drysdale and the American guy, people were luke warm on Guhle, Schneider, and Barron. Glad we got 2 of the later 3. Still hope we get Schneider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad