Prospect Info: Justin Barron

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That's not what they where saying me when I ask for Barron in there trade thread last week !

True, they were pretty adamant that was even why Lehkonen wasn't even discussed there anymore. Another added Barron was worth more than their first.

Interestingly, you mentioned Barron+2nd which was right on the mark. But, you know, just another Habs overrating their players value

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
You sure about that ?

I remember that trade being universally panned on discussion forums. Everybody hated it, really soured the fans opinion of Gainey.
Many hated, but as many said we lost nothibg in McDonough, actually remember some posts say higgins thé big loss not Ryan

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
True, they were pretty adamant that was even why Lehkonen wasn't even discussed there anymore. Another added Barron was worth more than their first.

Interestingly, you mentioned Barron+2nd which was right on the mark. But, you know, just another Habs overrating their players value
That's why I was so happy when the trade happen, it's exactly the return I wanted ! And yes many where saying me maybe the 1st but not Barron.

Reactions: Andrei79

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Many hated, but as many said we lost nothibg in McDonough, actually remember some posts say higgins thé big loss not Ryan
Must have been a different forum. Because we didn't even find out here about Higgins until later and people were already losing their f***ing minds.

Reactions: Andrei79

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Guhle - Mailloux
Romanov - Barron
Harris - Xhekaj
Struble - Norlinder
Fairbrother - Brook

Pretty sick prospect pool on D
Romanov-Barron
Harris-Mailloux*
Guhle-Brook* ( because he's injured )
Fairbrother-Norlinder
Struble-Zhekaj

If you talking about potential...Do you really think Mailloux is better than Barron?

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Fill a need, great ceiling. Should be a top 4 two way D at some point in the next two or three years.
have seen him play 2-3 years out but with time some major minutes in Lavel he should be a nice pickup- Could be a piece he could move as well over the summer.

Reactions: Revansky

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Barron is a lot like Guhle, maybe not the same upside that Guhle has but to have another rangy kid like him with smooth skating on the right hand side is a really, really nice get.

Now if we can take a swing on Lindgren or Korchinski with our 2nd or CGY 1st, it would be nice to add a high offensive upside D man to Norlinder & Mailloux to the pool.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

other fans are so salty when we suggested anything reasonable they would say who would want players from a last place team. Luckily for their teams none of the salt gang are GMs. I am actually surprised we were either right on or even under when it came to Chiarot, Lehk and Kulak

Reactions: Habano and Andrei79

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So now we can see a future Top-4 down the road:

Guhle - Barron
Romanov - Mailloux
Since the World Junior Hockey Championship was postponed to August, is there not a chance that Ghule and Barron will be paired again?

“…the 2022 WJC could consist of the same rosters each country had in December, regardless of whether those players turn 20 before the new tournament.”

Don’t know if the above has been decided yet.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Guhle - Mailloux
Romanov - Barron
Harris - Xhekaj
Struble - Norlinder
Fairbrother - Brook

Pretty sick prospect pool on D
This is not very good.

Out of those maybe 4 will become NHLer (excluding Romanov) and none of those guys looks like they will be top pair.

Acquiring Barron is awesome but there still is so much to work to be done to repair the Bergevin/Timmins mess. They use to draft by needs which is an awful strategy. You pick the best available player in the draft. And then you can make a blockbuster trade if you need to.

Draft the best, trade for needs!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Romanov-Barron
Harris-Mailloux*
Guhle-Brook* ( because he's injured )
Fairbrother-Norlinder
Struble-Zhekaj

If you talking about potential...Do you really think Mailloux is better than Barron?
Wasnt based on potential, but yea Mailloux has the highest ceiling of all our prospects. If he hits his potential, he can be an elite offensive D in the nhl. Probably something like Seith Jones.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Must have been a different forum. Because we didn't even find out here about Higgins until later and people were already losing their f***ing minds.
to be fair that is possible as i was on both this and FI, and surely my memory not as good as yours hahah but i do remember for sure many who said Mcdonough is ok to lose and referred to his performance that year

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Since the World Junior Hockey Championship was postponed to August, is there not a chance that Ghule and Barron will be paired again?

“…the 2022 WJC could consist of the same rosters each country had in December, regardless of whether those players turn 20 before the new tournament.”

Don’t know if the above has been decided yet.
Barron wasn't eligible at the WJC though. He's a late and that's why he is playing AHL

Reactions: DesmondDekker

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
What are the knocks against him?

Don't know much about the player TBH but his resume looks as solid as you'd expect for a late 1st rounder.
Barron was out pretty much the entire 2019-20 season with a blood clot, and likely fell a bit because of it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad