Justin Bailey is the most underrated player on HFBoards

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
if Tavares goes score-less next game I will change the title to Jamie Benn

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I agree. Fantastic player who doesn't get enough love. Isles better be backing up the Brinks truck to get him to stay.

This is about the only real problem here lol. Tavares has never been underrated but there aren't threads discussing him either. Sounds silly but after 8 years JT is already kind of old-school. Fans tend to be enamored by the youngest stars in the league. NBC and CBC don't show many Islander match-ups so sadly that segment doesn't get to see Taveres in action very often.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
gee I wonder why the Islanders never finish bottom 5 and are always in the playoff race? Maybe give JT enough credit to carry a team that has failed in every way to build around him.

Lee is the only decent player in the last 7 years? Leddy is a decent 2D, what else was there? Tavares is the definition of trapped on an island and it's funny to remember all the posts you guys have made defending Moulson and Parenteau when these two both imploded after their payday

when was the last time you saw moulson or parenteau do that

Horvath Broncos

Aug 21, 2013
He is much like Steven Stamkos in these boards. Used to be Hfboards sweet heart but when he had rougher seasons he got way too much crap.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are you sure he's the most underrated player on this forum?

Maybe you missed the thread about 2 weeks ago, where people were actually questioning if he was slowing down, because he only had 3 points in his first 6 games, which was apparently his worst start to a season in his career.

Reactions: SI90

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Tom Wilson is a much more underrated player than Tavares. He is a career changer come playoffs. He can single handily change a whole series by trying to knock out other teams players.

Anyone who can traumatize the entire Isles fanbase for life with a clean hit to the point where every Isles fan has a daily PTSD flashback about him is pretty damn underrated :laugh:

Reactions: ovikovy817

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
It's more like... it's embarrassing that HF can only create threads with ridiculous hyperbole like JT is no longer good, and Marner sucks, and McDavid is bad now. Or, have the analytic capabilities of goldfish and have seriously zero ability to take in a chunk of information over a long enough time period and actually think and assess it.

No, instead, let's just make dumbass knee jerk reactions to literally everything. Let's spend pages talking about the Florida attendance. Lord knows that fanbase hasn't heard that one before. :rolleyes: It's brand new information for them and all the die hard hockey fans that come here! What a great topic of useful conversation.

And your Bailey comment is indicative that you don't even watch games. Your a fantasy *****e. Sorting stat tables and pretending to do analysis.

Maybe if somebody actually made a conversation worth talking about, there would be some actual discussion that's worth something. Your thread sucks and so did mulletman's for your own faults. They are short sighted and lame.

Tavares is the same player he's always been. He's a bit streaky and he was never a generational player. He is in the class of very very good right now. If there's anything that's underrated around here, it's the Isles. They have the 10th most points over the last 3 years yet we get treated like we've finished bottom 5 each of the last 3 years. No Isles fan is happy with the results of this rebuild, but I read other GDT's and team's are "embarrassed to lose to us". You don't average over 98 points a season by luck.
To be fair, people read daily how the "professionals" do it and it affects the general population. Garbage sensationalist media creates garbage sensationalist threads, kind of. There are other factors of course, but let's stay there for now.

It takes time for people to change their minds. Heck, alot of people still think of Asia and Africa as it was there in the 70s. The Isles have had a rough decade and are unfortunate enough to play in the Metro division. They haven't made the playoffs in a while and is a low market team.

Tavares is a quality franchise center, I don't see how he is underrated. Meanwhile, the Isles usually makes it tough for Metro competitors to take points from them, but most of the teams aren't exactly easy to beat either.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Are you sure he's the most underrated player on this forum?

Maybe you missed the thread about 2 weeks ago, where people were actually questioning if he was slowing down, because he only had 3 points in his first 6 games, which was apparently his worst start to a season in his career.

And then 6 games later he's off to his best start lol. Gotta love HF

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And then 6 games later he's off to his best start lol. Gotta love HF
Yup. Too many people just take small sample sizes too seriously around here. Especially at the beginning of the season, when it’s easier to notice those numbers because it’s low amount of points/save percentage in a total number of games. Whereas when a player has had that identical stretch before, but happening between games 46-51 of the season and not games 1-6, people don’t even notice. And all the sudden it’s “he’s declining! He’s not one of the elite’s of his position!”. And as I’ve said in other threads. An over-achieving player has a PPG or more over a smaller stretch of games to start the season, it’s “He’s rejuvenated!”.

Thankfully, October is about to end.

Reactions: SI90

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI

when was the last time you saw moulson or parenteau do that

Not to mention, Isles haven't had a talented 2C like Barzal in JT's entire tenure. Yes, Barzal is a rookie, and his stats don't jump off the page (even though he has 7 pts in last games), but he creates a quality chance just about every other shift. He has a very high hockey IQ (yes, please bring up that ridiculous penalty in his first NHL game when he touched the puck with one foot inside the penalty box), and great vision. He will always have higher assist numbers, but the kid has no problem taking the puck to the net.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I posted before the season began in the top 5 scoring thread, JT would contend and be there if healthy. That prediction is looking good now. If the Isles PP gets going as it did last night, things will look even better.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Not even close.

Only at the centre position, guys like Barkov and backstrom are much more underrated.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I agree he is underrated, but Using Josh Bailey to signify this hurts the arguemnt. Youc an go ahead and use Brad Boyes as a better example.

Bailey has only beenon JT's line for 2 games this year, and was PPG this year before that happened. He took a long time, but as I watch every Isles game, I think Bailey helps JT get on the scoresheet as much or almost as much as the reverse.

Tavares should notch his first 40 goal season this year and, if the Isles can get back to being a 100 point team, which they look like so far (won 5 of last 6,) He will be a Hart finalist.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I way underestimated this guy. Excited to see how many goals he puts up and who signs him.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
everyone knows tavares is a top line player on any team in the league

i think you just really wanted to say something non-thread worthy so you threw in a controversial angle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad