Just Not Excited About 2016 / 2017

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I predict this team will fight for a playoff spot into April this year and could even be buyers at trade deadline day!

Oh no! Let me be the first (no hindsight here) to say we'll just screw up the trade! :sarcasm::laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This team fell on its face because of defense and goaltending, plain and simple. It wasn't our offense that was the problem (although they did leave room for improvement) it was the spongy porous defense that couldn't do a damn thing or goaltending that couldn't stop a beach ball. We had a few glimpses of quality D and goaltending but nothing sustainable.

We solve those problems without creating new ones and I think we are a playoff team once again.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I sum up the entire 15/16 season with the play where Suban scores from outside the Habs blueline. He tosses the puck up in the air so that it carries two lines bounces between the dots and goes over Bob's shoulder into the net. The air went out of Bob. When he is on he can be world class. Be Broduer like Bob and take us deep into the playoffs baby!! my prediction / hindsight ha ha ha

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I sum up the entire 15/16 season with the play where Suban scores from outside the Habs blueline. He tosses the puck up in the air so that it carries two lines bounces between the dots and goes over Bob's shoulder into the net. The air went out of Bob. When he is on he can be world class. Be Broduer like Bob and take us deep into the playoffs baby!! my prediction / hindsight ha ha ha

It started game 1... when we were up against NYR and lost in the last few minutes. Bob lost all confidence and the whole team knew it.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I'm excited to see where the young guys fit into the lineup, and if they can play productive roles (i.e. Werenski, Bjorkstrand, Anderson). Other than that, I'm hoping that the vets can re-establish themselves and can compete for a wild card spot.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
It started game 1... when we were up against NYR and lost in the last few minutes. Bob lost all confidence and the whole team knew it.

Yep. Saad scored to break a 1-1 tie late in the third, I want to say with less than 3 minutes to go. Then the rags tied it up and then went ahead on a terrible, hard-angle goal... and before we knew it, Torts was behind the bench

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I couldn't be less excited. I don't watch games anymore. CBJ is a guaranteed bottom 5 team in the NHL this year.
I remember you used to be the pickle guy. Posted dancing pickles after goals. It was awesome. Now you post stuff like this. Sad stuff.

Yep. Saad scored to break a 1-1 tie late in the third, I want to say with less than 3 minutes to go. Then the rags tied it up and then went ahead on a terrible, hard-angle goal... and before we knew it, Torts was behind the bench

After Saad scored I thought we not only had the game, but I thought to myself "Man, this team could be special. Toe to toe with one of the best teams in the East, playing well, they're playing well, no excuses for either side. We could be special."

Before I could finish that thought however, you all know what happened...Man, I still wonder what could have been if they close that game.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I remember you used to be the pickle guy. Posted dancing pickles after goals. It was awesome. Now you post stuff like this. Sad stuff.

After Saad scored I thought we not only had the game, but I thought to myself "Man, this team could be special. Toe to toe with one of the best teams in the East, playing well, they're playing well, no excuses for either side. We could be special."

Before I could finish that thought however, you all know what happened...Man, I still wonder what could have been if they close that game.

I doubt our spot in the standings would have changed drastically. Johansen was clearly out of shape and the defense was horrendous....not to mention the injuries to Bob.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

And without bothering to look it up, didn't the Rangers score again to go ahead by 2? If the go-ahead goal didn't crater Bob's psyche, the insurance one did (unless I'm imagining it)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I doubt our spot in the standings would have changed drastically. Johansen was clearly out of shape and the defense was horrendous....not to mention the injuries to Bob.

I agree, maybe Bob would have been a lot better, but the D + Joey meant we were going to be towards the bottom either way.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

That was my first game back in Columbus, I was so excited. Saad becomes an impact player in his first game in union blue, Bob was playing fairly well until that point and then....it was a **** show.

Weren't the Rags in the finals the season before? Bob even admitted he had no confidence after that game. We win that game 2-1 and he has an entirely different mindset for those first few games.

Not trying to say we still wouldnt have **** the bed on the season, but it would have been different..

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Bob DID say he had no confidence. I remember thinking "if he has no confidence, surely Richie has to start CMac in NY!" He didn't, but he should have.

5StringBuzz

May 10, 2007
Columbus, OH
The idea that Bob lost his confidence to such a crippling extent in the very first game of the season, and that the whole team was unable to recover suggests nothing positive for the team as long as their star is hitched to Bob. It just seems that he starts very poorly every season. Was he on the tipping point of preparedness at the start? Too often, he appears unprepared when he gets here, plays poorly for several weeks, then gets hurt and disappears. A #1 goalie just has to be much tougher than that, both physically and mentally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad