Just hold on a minute....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2004
Live in the now.

Don't buy into what the media is selling you.

People upset because I told it like it was.

What will people do when the next training camp comes and we have the same core?

No one seems to get it. Well a few people do.

MLSE does not need to win. This team belongs to Nonis, not Shanahan. Shanny was and still remains a smoke screen.

People saying Nonis said this or that at the presser. Is this the same guy that almost everyone wants gone, now they are listening to him? Its a big joke from weak minded people that only have bad things to say here.

Here is what is going to happen. We will take our picks at the draft, play them way to early. Ruin them, Go into next season with the same core. Nonis will bring in a few bottom 6 guys, because that is all he knows how to do. Then sell everyone that the team is a playoff team going into December when we always have a good record. Fans will love Nonis again. Team will tank, Nonis will do nothing next deadline except move out the impending UFA's like he has done several times. Keep his job until his contract is up.

Why on earth do people believe in this garbage team? Why do they have hope where there clearly is none to have?

Nonis just recently signed a contract extension.

He signed Phaneuf to a long term deal.
He signed Kessel to a long term deal.

Nonis JUST signed these guys and now the fans think he is going to trade them? wholly sweet mother mary of jesus.

The core has to remain intact until Nonis is gone. Nonis just was signed to an extension.

You think Nonis wants to lose his job? If he traded Phaneuf or Kessel, he would be admitting that he messed up. Nonis wants to keep his job.

No where is it written that Shanahan (aka smoke screen shinny) or any member of the board or MLSE is unhappy with Nonis. As a matter of fact, and I am not sure I mentioned this or not, but they extended Nonis.

Trust me guys, I want this tool gone too, but it is not written.

Arguing with some of you is like saying the red car is the red car and you are saying it is a black truck, when in fact, its just a blue car.

Many of you need to step back and breath. There are a few of us who tried to tell you this, but most wouldn't believe it.

Now we hear the excuses that a better deal will be had in the off season. Minions, look, just telling you the truth. This core will be our core for several years.

The media pumped you up, and you bought it.

It's the matter of the situation.

When it's only been a few weeks.

A few weeks of this "rebuild". A "rebuild" that the media pumped up. But how can you judge?

How can you judge after only two weeks? When in reality there have already been moves.

You think they aren't trying?

And I agree that Nonis is horrible. But Dubas and Hunter are in there and I have faith in them and why don't you?

Look at what they've done already. That's what gives me have faith.

But now we hear the excuses starting already. BEFORE A MONTH HAS GONE BY! It's only weak minded people who start excuses.

You need to step back and take a breath.

If Nonis went out and made a bad trade today just for the sake of it, would that have made you happy? That would have set the franchise back years. You really think that Nonis wants to lose his job?

But look at what they've done. It's not like they've done NOTHING.

Clarkson traded.
Holzer traded.
Santorelli traded.
Franson traded.
Winnik traded.
Jokinen traded.

They traded Jokinen. They traded Clarkson! That's like going to the florist for purple roses and them having red roses also. And you're saying those are purple roses but in reality you're getting both kinds of roses.

Nonis is just the figurehead. I wouldn't believe that anything coming from his mouth is his opinion, despite what the media is telling you. It's Shanahan's.

Don't buy into what the media is telling you.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Completely agree.

We've got some very nice pieces already in the system that we could be a top team in just a few seasons.

Add in a top pick this draft, then likely add in another the following draft to go along with Reilly + Nylander and things start looking really good. This is without factoring trades and other draft picks that can help out.

Take a look at what Tampa, Florida, and Buffalo have moving forward in comparison to Toronto.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Take a look at what Tampa, Florida, and Buffalo have moving forward in comparison to Toronto.

I agree. There are no guarantees. I see this team 3 years away if we hit an absolute homerun this draft but more likely 4 or 5 years.

Rielly is only in his 2nd season. Nylander isn't getting enough credit for how good of a prospect he is. Those are two bluechip pieces. We aren't starting from nothing like when Burke took over. Add in a top pick this draft and a top pick next draft and the potential is there. Then add in pieces from dealing away pieces that don't fit long term and a lot can be accomplished in just a few seasons.

Buffalo only truly started ripping things apart 2 years ago which shows how quickly a youth movement can start changing peoples views. Unlike us they weren't starting with quality pieces that can still be long term pieces like Kadri, JVR, Everything they had was more in the 26+ age range in Vanek, Miller, etc. We have guys like that to deal as well who can bring back nice pieces in Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak, Lupul, etc. They are likely a season or two ahead of us in this rebuild especially if they get McDavid.

Tampa is in a winning phase right now because they went through some pain a few years ago. It was 6 and 7 years ago they drafted Stamkos + Hedman back to back. Prior to them they had not one single piece to build around so we are starting ahead of them. We might not land a Stamkos but we also have higher end pieces already in our system to build around in JVR, Kadri, Nylander, Rielly. Or in the case of Kadri and JVR potenially use as very valuable trade chips. We also have quality pieces that will almost certainly be dealt to help add more bluechip talent. Well we are adding a top pick this draft and likely next + gaining other futures they are dealing them out which will eventually reverse where the teams fall in the standings. That's how the cycle works.

Florida hasn't won anything yet. I'm not sold on them at all. They have a few good young pieces but a lot of bad contracts and vets who are only getting older like Luongo, Bolland, Campbell, Jokinen. Well we are drafting somewhere likely between 4-6 this year and also adding in the Nashville 1st + some other prospects they have been dealing picks for old man Jagr. Florida also is the same team that outbid us for Bolland.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Bernier (1), Holland (1), Polak (1) all were traded at or around the draft.

According to my math skills 1 + 1 + 1 equals 3 and not ZERO!!!!!!

you better check your facts or lack there off bobby

you have holland and berny wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad