Jussi Jokinen

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
No problem with it either. Jokinen can win faceoffs and has made a career producing next to great players.

And Bennett will get solid ice time with a not so shabby center, plus with the way he has played in Pittsburgh he'll be fine in a 2 way role.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
I want JJ in the top 6. I think with Sutter +1 he will naturally have to carry the offensive play, but I think he'd be more more effectively used with other skill players.

At this point it seems obvious to me that the top 6 should consist of some combination of: Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Neal, Bennett, Jokinen.

bluedevil58*

Canes fan here:

JR gave up Jokinen for a bag of pucks and also ate some salary in the process. Jokinen has never played alongside a skilled of a player as Malkin. A 70 point season is not out of reach.

KIll me now please.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
I like the Juice attached to the Malkin-Neal love connection. But that's just me. :dunno:

Should I add him to my pool? I have Malkin... or do you think Dan will insist on playing him in the 3rd line? Contemplating dropping Callahan in his favor...

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Juice seems uninterested in the workout regimens of mere mortals. :laugh:

facilitytour20.jpg

What a great shot. Got this freak of nature talking about fitness and here's juice with a caved in chest and beer gut looking off in the distance.

"I wonder if I'll score another hat trick next game... .... hey coach Granato, what time is it; I'm hungry."

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I have thought Jokinen would mesh well with Geno and Neal since we traded for him. He brings a ton of what that line needs. I think people get hung up with him playing there because since Geno has had success with Kunitz, Geno can now only play well with guys who play like Kunitz, which isn't the case.

Jokinen can match Geno in the offensive creativity department. He definitely thinks the offensive game at a high level, and his stick handling can draw defenders to him which helps the line tremendously. He has a defensive conscience too, and he works well just sort of staying high in the zone and picking his spots, which allows Geno and Neal to get in deep on plays and be around the net. His faceoff ability is also huge for that line because even though Geno has done better on faceoffs...he's still not good. Jokinen can win 50%+ of his draws. I can honestly see the line getting the distinction this year for being the best line in the league. They have the ability.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
I have Bennett now in my fantasy league (dobbernomics) but I will change him to Jussi if Jussi will play with Malkin. They are same price. I guess I have to wait for opening face-off, lines are not confirmed anyway or are they?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
No not confirmed yet, but practice and exhibition game lines for 2 weeks have hade JJ beside Malkin, so it's a very good bet.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have Bennett now in my fantasy league (dobbernomics) but I will change him to Jussi if Jussi will play with Malkin. They are same price. I guess I have to wait for opening face-off, lines are not confirmed anyway or are they?

Bennett just got sent to Wheeling. I'd drop him before everyone laughs at you for having him.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Canes fan here:

JR gave up Jokinen for a bag of pucks and also ate some salary in the process. Jokinen has never played alongside a skilled of a player as Malkin. A 70 point season is not out of reach.

KIll me now please.

JJ has always been overlooked by GM's for reason i don't know, like he was best finnish scorer three years ago (30+ goals) but not chosen to team finland in olympics. really hope he makes it big this time, great guy as i remember (played in same team when kids).

also he was phenomenal scorer before left finland, after that somehow lose his confidience. he has been streaky thats true but was not always like that. maybe played with wrong system or role/position since dallas years. he may have unveiled potential no one ever seen yet, just sayin..

Last edited:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
JJ has always been overlooked by GM's for reason i don't know, like he was best finnish scorer two years ago (30+ goals) but not chosen to team finland in olympics.
Wait, you saying that the guy who coached us in 2010 should've foreseen that Jokinen's gonna score 30 two years from there and be picked based on that? :sarcasm:

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Wait, you saying that the guy who coached us in 2010 should've foreseen that Jokinen's gonna score 30 two years from there and be picked based on that? :sarcasm:

i ment three years ago ;) fixed it..

2009-2010 HURRICANES 81 30 35 65 3 36 10 0 6 160 18.8

but for your question: yeah, good coach should foreseen things like that, he was a leading scorer when games went on

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
JJ has always been overlooked by GM's for reason i don't know, like he was best finnish scorer three years ago (30+ goals) but not chosen to team finland in olympics. really hope he makes it big this time, great guy as i remember (played in same team when kids).

also he was phenomenal scorer before left finland, after that somehow lose his confidience. he has been streaky thats true but was not always like that. maybe played with wrong system or role/position since dallas years. he may have unveiled potential no one ever seen yet, just sayin..

In Pittsburgh you have a coach who overlooked a hall of fame RW and said '**** it, I bet that he would look good on the left side'. I would not hold my breath waiting for JJ to be used properly.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
In Pittsburgh you have a coach who overlooked a hall of fame RW and said '**** it, I bet that he would look good on the left side'. I would not hold my breath waiting for JJ to be used properly.

anything compared to last year would be proper :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Even the blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

Jokinen's best chance of being used properly stems from Bylsma's issues with rookies. Rookie problem > European problem, probably.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Even the blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

Jokinen's best chance of being used properly stems from Bylsma's issues with rookies. Rookie problem > European problem, probably.

The way that I look at it, Malkin and Neal are 100X better off than last year either way, because Bylsma has to choose in the end between his rookie problem and his euro problem. Not even he could explain away Tanner Glass as L2 LW this time (he got his pass on that last year).

EDIT: Then again, it's Pittsburgh, and I've often made the mistake of assuming that Bylsma's ego couldn't possibly force him any lower.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The way that I look at it, Malkin and Neal are 100X better off than last year either way, because Bylsma has to choose in the end between his rookie problem and his euro problem. Not even he could explain away Tanner Glass as L2 LW this time (he got his pass on that last year).

EDIT: Then again, it's Pittsburgh, and I've often made the mistake of assuming that Bylsma's ego couldn't possibly force him any lower.

Yeah, you never doubt Bylsma's stupidity. Actually,
D'Agostini - Malkin - Neal
I could see it happening with him, with Glass getting some shifts because a new contract needs to be justified.

Sorry, JJ, you're too good, suited to that line and European. Third line for you, Bennett can be on the 4th line, if you're both lucky.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Juice seems uninterested in the workout regimens of mere mortals. :laugh:

facilitytour20.jpg

What a great shot. Got this freak of nature talking about fitness and here's juice with a caved in chest and beer gut looking off in the distance.

"I wonder if I'll score another hat trick next game... .... hey coach Granato, what time is it; I'm hungry."

True that, but zoom in and LOOK at Despres' legs! I stole mine from an ostrich, so I am not a good judge here.... But damn! He looks like he could squat 20.000 Big Mac's!

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I have thought Jokinen would mesh well with Geno and Neal since we traded for him. He brings a ton of what that line needs. I think people get hung up with him playing there because since Geno has had success with Kunitz, Geno can now only play well with guys who play like Kunitz, which isn't the case.

Jokinen can match Geno in the offensive creativity department. He definitely thinks the offensive game at a high level, and his stick handling can draw defenders to him which helps the line tremendously. He has a defensive conscience too, and he works well just sort of staying high in the zone and picking his spots, which allows Geno and Neal to get in deep on plays and be around the net. His faceoff ability is also huge for that line because even though Geno has done better on faceoffs...he's still not good. Jokinen can win 50%+ of his draws. I can honestly see the line getting the distinction this year for being the best line in the league. They have the ability.

Geno should still take draws because he has to improve there (even if it is mostly effort based on his much better numbers in the playoffs). With Jussi there though, he can cheat like a crazy person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad