Injury Report: jury Report: Blues 2021-22 Injury Report (Includes COVID-19 protocol)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Should shut him down for rest of regular season. He isn’t full strength regardless of last nights injury. Let him rest and heal and we get his ltir cap space. If he is back for playoffs even better.
Agree, or at least rest him for several games.

Put Dak in there with Kostin and Bozak. Could be a good 4th line.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Should shut him down for rest of regular season. He isn’t full strength regardless of last nights injury. Let him rest and heal and we get his ltir cap space. If he is back for playoffs even better.

Assuming he doesn't have a reinjury, benching a player down for the rest of the season doesn't help that player get stronger. Sitting him causes deconditioning and makes him weaker going into the playoffs. Let him continue to play on the 4th line and lower the expectations where they should be.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Assuming he doesn't have a reinjury, benching a player down for the rest of the season doesn't help that player get stronger. Sitting him causes deconditioning and makes him weaker going into the playoffs. Let him continue to play on the 4th line and lower the expectations where they should be.
How is that gonna get us any cap space? He can improve conditioning without playing anyway.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
How is that gonna get us any cap space? He can improve conditioning without playing anyway.

A large part of Sundqvist's rust is not having a proper off season. If he has an injury that actually needs to be healed, then that's one thing. If he is still rusty and working on his timing, then the only thing that will help is playing more games. Skating laps and spending time on a stationary bike might help with conditioning but keeping him out of the lineup won't help. I don't think it's right to put a player on LTIR who doesn't have a medical reason to do so.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
A large part of Sundqvist's rust is not having a proper off season. If he has an injury that actually needs to be healed, then that's one thing. If he is still rusty and working on his timing, then the only thing that will help is playing more games. Skating laps and spending time on a stationary bike might help with conditioning but keeping him out of the lineup won't help. I don't think it's right to put a player on LTIR who doesn't have a medical reason to do so.
It’s not rust though. It’s been reported he is still experiencing pain and discomfort from his surgeries. Keeping him out of games isn’t a bad idea at all because he can still workout, skate and practice.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
It’s not rust though. It’s been reported he is still experiencing pain and discomfort from his surgeries. Keeping him out of games isn’t a bad idea at all because he can still workout, skate and practice.

Do you have a link to that report? Pain and discomfort can be normal after major surgeries, but they shouldn't necessarily last unless there is scar tissue, which would be a totally different problem. If his ligaments are healed, then he needs to continue playing for strength and reconditioning.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Do you have a link to that report? Pain and discomfort can be normal after major surgeries, but they shouldn't necessarily last unless there is scar tissue, which would be a totally different problem. If his ligaments are healed, then he needs to continue playing for strength and reconditioning.
JR put out this today: Jeremy Rutherford: It looks like the Blues dodged a bullet with... - The Athletic

The quote from Sunny is "there's still some scar tissue that we're still working with and trying to get under control. I can't fully stretch out my leg, but it feels better now."

I don't recall off the top of my head what else has been written about it, but I recall reading that it was more than just general soreness that has kept him out of games.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Apparently Peru is hurt again. Unclear if same injury or what but looks like gonna be out awhile.
I never cared about him being on the team but it sucks that this affects his trade value, probably will even in the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad