Injury Report: jury Report: Blues 2021-22 Injury Report (Includes COVID-19 protocol)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We don't injury report thread yet up.

ROR probably playing on Sunday. Husso out too in COVID protocol list.

New ones are Schenn is day2day

Mikkola and Krug are too now in COVID protocol list.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah this thread is necessary now.

We need to get 2 points on Sunday because Tuesday’s game will be a lot tougher with a weaker defense.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sidenote, there is ppl who have ignored me so they can't see this thread. :dunno:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Removing my Blues filtered glasses for a moment but it seems to me there should something in the league Covid protocol where Covid call-ups for teams don’t count against the cap. Especially for teams that have met the vaccination standards and goals it seems odd to punish them for breakthrough cases by not allowing cap relief in situations like this.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Yeah this thread is necessary now.

We need to get 2 points on Sunday because Tuesday’s game will be a lot tougher with a weaker defense.

I'm looking for 4 points on the trip so one point on Sunday will do the job.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I feel like the COVID cases shouldn’t count against the cap like LTIR players. The salary cap is supposed to maintain a competitive balance in the league, not actively punish teams for injuries. The Blues are not gaining a competitive advantage by calling up Perunovich to replace Torey Krug. It’s just filling out the team. Forcing a team to play short handed(which increases the risk of injuries even more) just doesn’t seem to be enforcing the spirit of the salary cap.

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
Removing my Blues filtered glasses for a moment but it seems to me there should something in the league Covid protocol where Covid call-ups for teams don’t count against the cap. Especially for teams that have met the vaccination standards and goals it seems odd to punish them for breakthrough cases by not allowing cap relief in situations like this.
Do you want Tampa to intentionally infect their players with covid? Because this is how you get Tampa to intentionally infect their players with COVID.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Do you want Tampa to intentionally infect their players with covid? Because this is how you get Tampa to intentionally infect their players with COVID.
Well the parameters would have to be defined but something like a Covid call up only lasts for the duration of the affected player’s quarantine. So for example ROR goes on the list, Joshua is called up. ROR comes off the list, Joshua’s salary counts against the cap.

In situations like ours and the Sharks and I’m sure other teams as well as the season rolls along. The cap shouldn’t force teams to play shorthanded because of Covid absence, that increases the risks to players for other injuries as well.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

For those that can't see embedded Twitter posts:
Per JR "With Mikkola being added to the COVID protocol list late Friday night, the Blues are down to the bare minimum 20 players on the roster. Army said yesterday (before the Mikkola announcement) that it will be extremely difficult to call up any one due to the salary cap."

Ouch. We are down to 20 guys. So this is it. No more injuries/Covid or we play short. Looks like our roster is (Healthy, injured, Covid)

Saad - RoR - Perron
Kyrou - Thomas - Tarasenko
Kostin - Barbashev - Buchnevich
Neil - Bozak - Neighbours
Clifford, Sunny, Schenn

Scandella Parayko
Walman Faulk
Rossen - Bortuzzo
Krug, Mikkola

Binnington, Hofer
Husso

Reactions: mk80

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hopefully we will see finally Walman in 2nd PP. Faulk can play 1st.

He is my wild card what we haven't seen yet at PP and could be real deal in there.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Pro sports have had vaccine mandates for some time. Quite a few break-through cases are now occurring. These "vaccines" definitely have diminishing effectiveness. Is it 4 months? 6 months? And obviously you can still be a spreader.

As a pro athlete do you really want to take a "booster" every few months?

This isn't like the vaccines we got as kids. I think the only "booster" I ever got was for tetanus. I've also had some special vaccines for travel to a 3rd world hell hole.

Looks like we need to either adjust our expectations or find a plan B.

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
Why do i have a feeling one or two more blues will come down with covid before gametime forcing us to play short handed.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If we didn’t think league should grant covid exception when leafs or knights had thus issue, feels wrong to think they should now.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Pro sports have had vaccine mandates for some time. Quite a few break-through cases are now occurring. These "vaccines" definitely have diminishing effectiveness. Is it 4 months? 6 months? And obviously you can still be a spreader.

As a pro athlete do you really want to take a "booster" every few months?

This isn't like the vaccines we got as kids. I think the only "booster" I ever got was for tetanus. I've also had some special vaccines for travel to a 3rd world hell hole.

Looks like we need to either adjust our expectations or find a plan B.
you are spot on with this

Reactions: Punished ROR

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

For those that can't see embedded Twitter posts:
Per JR "With Mikkola being added to the COVID protocol list late Friday night, the Blues are down to the bare minimum 20 players on the roster. Army said yesterday (before the Mikkola announcement) that it will be extremely difficult to call up any one due to the salary cap."

Ouch. We are down to 20 guys. So this is it. No more injuries/Covid or we play short.

Well, it depends a bit on who gets Covid. If it's Neighbours, Kostin or Hofer we can still 'send them down' and call up a replacement (can't call up Neighbours untill the Oil Kings season is over in that case). If any other player gets infected we can always opt to waive them and move them on paper to Springfield and regain a bit of cap to potentially call someone up. Ofcourse we're not going to waive the players we will risk losing, like Krug, but I'd waive a guy like Clifford any day of the week of that means we can still run a 20-man team the next 3-4 games.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Well, it depends a bit on who gets Covid. If it's Neighbours, Kostin or Hofer we can still 'send them down' and call up a replacement (can't call up Neighbours untill the Oil Kings season is over in that case). If any other player gets infected we can always opt to waive them and move them on paper to Springfield and regain a bit of cap to potentially call someone up. Ofcourse we're not going to waive the players we will risk losing, like Krug, but I'd waive a guy like Clifford any day of the week of that means we can still run a 20-man team the next 3-4 games.
Don’t think it works like that. If they are in covid list don’t think you can send down or waive.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Blues fans. . I know nobody cares about my fantasy team but humour me. I was wondering if there’s any word on Krug? Have to lock in my lineup for the week and I have no idea whether to bench him or not

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Protocol says positive covid test shall be treated as hockey-related injury for vaccinated players. So same rules about waiving them as if hurt.

I wasn't sure, but I thought the rule was that you couldn't send Covid players down. Thank you Blueston for confirming. It really is dumb that the NHL has no relief. Teams last year had games cancelled due to Covid. Now its business as usual even though not much has changed with regards to Covid. A few teams, including us, are going to have to suffer before the NHL realizes its mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad