Ohio
And I just posted:

Byron
Carr(RFA)
2nd rounder(CHI/39)

For

1st(27)
Duclair(RFA)

Hawks fans saying they wouldn’t trade Duclair straight up for Byron.

He’s a 20-20 guy. I find this is a very fair offer. Especially if the asking price is a 4th for Duclair.

Gives the Hawks a 20-20 guy, who can play positions up front. Can PK with the best of them and has wheels. Right in line with help they need for cheap at 1.1mill especially since the Hawks will be strapped for cash.
Byron is a 3rd liner at best on the Hawks, even then he's just blocking guys with more potential. He's hit 20-20 once. He's not any significant upgrade to the roster. Carr pretty much doesn't have value, and neither does Duclair, however Duclair is 4 years younger so I'd rather hold on to him. No reason for the Hawks to downgrade what is their most likely trade chip.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I really do think there was one fan so maybe keep your keyboard shut if you dont deal with facts.

I thin there was only one Chicago fan too, but many fans from other teams. Mostly fans from other team that have their say in all habs threads...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Good luck getting any team to give up assets for Duclair at this point....

Guy is 1 more failed opportunity from cementing himself as a bust.

Jurco has even less value, he spent the majority of the season in the AHL on one of the worst teams in the league.

They'd be lucky to get late round picks.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't understand.
Your expectations of Sam Bennett--a player who has consistently struggled to produce offense in this league--are on par with a player who was a perennial Selke-candidate during his prime playing years. That may be a tad ambitious.

Last edited:

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
I'd say they can compete for a Penguins roster spot. Playing with some of our talent may help them out. If not, then they can just play in the AHL.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Jurco has next to no value. maybe a desperate team offers a late pick

I could see Duclair bringing back a 3rd

Reactions: Kevin Musto

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If we’d get even couple 4th rounders, I would be happy. Hawks have really no use for them.

Jurco has been solid in 4th line duties but we have better players for that role. Duclair has wheels, good shot but no IQ at all.

What,s their cap hits ?

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Jurco is pretty much done in the NHL. Maybe a team that is starved for forwards claims him on waivers, but he has no trade value. He cleared waivers last season, and played like 12 minutes when he was in the NHL.

Duclair had a disappointing season that almost matches Jurco's. But Duclair will be only 23 by next season. He's still got a chance to figure things out, and I don't know what Chicago could get back in a trade that's worth it for them. They need scoring help on the cheap, and that could be Duclair. So keep him, and see what happens.

The Panik/Duclair trade seemed like Arizona was getting hosed, but not so much with 20/20 hindsight.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I still would like Buffalo to kick the tires on Duclair. We have the ample ability to let him do his thing while flying under the radar as a bottom feeder. He fits the team need for speed. While his price is bottoming out the last place team in the league needs to take advantage of this and bring him in to compete for at least a third line role.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would take a 7th round pick for either

Neither was impressive with Hawks

If I had to choose who should be given a look for next year I would go with Duclair. Jurco has no offensive game , At least Duclair occasionally flashes talent offensively

If neither is on team nothing would be lost

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I would pay a late round pick for Duclair and stick him on the Marlies for a year or 2 to try and bring back some confidence.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
People acting like Duclair has no value or something...he had a 20 goal, 44 point season in the NHL at age 20. Only 22, Chicago would be stupid to sell low on him. He didn't just lose his talent..

He's worth a 2nd and if im Chicago I wouldn't take a 2nd for him...you'd be lucky to get a prospect as good as Duclair in round 2.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
What,s their cap hits ?

Pending them receiving qualifying offers, both are scheduled to become RFA's and have no cap yet for next season.

Duclair is coming off a $1.2M cap hit, and Jurco was at $800k. Duclair needs a $1.2M and Jurco a $840k qualifier to become an RFA. Both are arbitration eligible.

==

My guess is the Hawks only want to bring them back if they sign cheaper than their QO's, like they did with Jurco last Spring (required $945k QO, but signed a 1-year for $800k).

I'm betting Jurco doesn't want to do that again and would rather take the slight raise on his QO or hit the UFA market and find a better shot at a regular NHL gig, or sign a KHL deal with an NHL out clause while he looks for a better NHL opportunity. Considering every other team said no to an $800k Jurco on waivers last season, I doubt his potential RFA rights have any value. Maybe a conditional pick.

As for Duclair, given he's still only 22, he probably gets the QO, but I'm guessing the Hawks don't want it to get to arbitration. His rights as an RFA would probably still have some value, but probably not as much as Chicago paid to get him.

They're probably better off getting Duclair signed for as cheap as possible and giving him another year to sort it out.

Reactions: iSophagus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad