Player Discussion Juraj Slafkovsky, the high offensive potential edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Im not sure you read the post you replied too properly then.

"But the point is did they jump in the NHL right away or not"
No I read it properly, that poster and I closed the loop on that conversation just fine.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
No I read it properly, that poster and I closed the loop on that conversation just fine.
Can I ask what your history in hockey is? Not being disrespectful. I’m just curious. I actually like our debates and just want to know the history behind your ideologies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Jack Hughes, KK:
2 players who should be left out of the Slaf discussion. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

JH showed elite attributes as early as his unsuccessful rookie season - skating and puck handling ability. He was just bad defensively, played with Miles Wood, and was 168 pounds.

KK … what’s the opposite of elite? lol

I think Slaf will be very good at most things - puck handling, skating, finishing, puck protection, passing - but not elite in any particular skillset. Well rounded player in a huge body. Hopefully a 1st line player.

Reactions: Andy

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Jack Hughes, KK:
2 players who should be left out of the Slaf discussion. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

JH showed elite attributes as early as his unsuccessful rookie season - skating and puck handling ability. He was just bad defensively, played with Miles Wood, and was 168 pounds.

KK … what’s the opposite of elite? lol

I think Slaf will be very good at most things - puck handling, skating, finishing, puck protection, passing - but not elite in any particular skillset. Well rounded player in a huge body. Hopefully a 1st line player.

They are relevant but not in a skill point of view. Slaf elite tools, his strenght, is probably Hughes biggest weaknesses. One can only dream of Hughes elusiveness. KK just does not have this type of upside.

Where they become relevant is when we ask ourselves if it was the right decision to have Slaf in the NHL.

KK is a proof that despite being rushed or mishandled, he is on the way to reach its potential. We failed the pick because mainly of Tkachuk and ultimately we should have tried our best to kept him. He will reach his upside tho. He is looking like a strong, versatile middle six C in CAR and a perfect support player for Aho. We simply overdrafted him.

Hughes is a megastar, absolute superstar. In my opinion, in the same discussion with the Matthews and MacKinnon.

KK had a better D+1 than Hughes.
Would Hughes be better if he played one more year in the NCAA?
Has being demoted contributed to KK decision to leave? How has this made him better?

Where do that leads us in Slaf cases?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
New and improved thread is up. This time with a poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad