Player Discussion Juraj Slafkovsky, the high offensive potential edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
His prospect thread is over, welcome to the first player discussion of Juraj Slafkovsky.

In my mind, Slafkovsky has play a really good rookie season, solid two-way play for a 18 years old, great hands, great protection of puck, great passing ability (on PP he show all his passing ability and he is going to be a good one in this area of this game).

I truly believe that he have the potential to become a two-way beast, 1st line powerforward... he just need to learn how to play with his size, he is a skill guy in a big body.

I selected him in Early Mock Draft last year at 4th overall with NJ and I said that he have all tools to dominate in this league, when he is going to put all together... watch that!!

cut.jpg

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
He needs to keep his head up or he'll end up like Lindros - if he can do that, I think he has a lot of potential to become a special player
Albeit short and not exactly what you mean, it would be quite something if he ended his career with 865 points in 760 games and being one of the most impactful player in the game.

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
His prospect thread is over, welcome to the first player discussion of Juraj Slafkovsky.

In my mind, Slafkovsky has play a really good rookie season, solid two-way play for a 18 years old, great hands, great protection of puck, great passing ability (on PP he show all his passing ability and he is going to be a good one in this area of this game).

I truly believe that he have the potential to become a two-way beast, 1st line powerforward... he just need to learn how to play with his size, he is a skill guy in a big body.

I selected him in Early Mock Draft last year at 4th overall with NJ and I said that he have all tools to dominate in this league, when he is going to put all together... watch that!!

View attachment 692744
The introduction of this thread is fully positive. What is this shit meaning, it's the Habs board here, you can't be all positive ...:baghead:.. shame on you !!!

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I watched Draisaitl last night. He was dominant. But his first year post-draft he had a similar production as Slaf did this year. It took a few more years for Drai to really break out. Doubt Slaf reaches Drais level but perhaps a good lesson to remain patient for now.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
I watched Draisaitl last night. He was dominant. But his first year post-draft he had a similar production as Slaf did this year. It took a few more years for Drai to really break out. Doubt Slaf reaches Drais level but perhaps a good lesson to remain patient for now.
Reminder Draisaitl spent some time in the AHL and he's as much of a man as Slaf. Kid can perfect things at lower level and I hope we give him a chance to do so.

KK and Galchenuyk had much better rookie seasons and they didn't get caught 10 times with the head down. His balance was suprisingly quite bad even at 235 pounds, even KK looked better.

We have to be patient and get him out of the spotlight next year. There's so many things he can learn in Laval, why not take our time?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Reminder Draisaitl spent some time in the AHL and he's as much of a man as Slaf. Kid can perfect things at lower level and I hope we give him a chance to do so.

KK and Galchenuyk had much better rookie seasons and they didn't get caught 10 times with the head down. His balance was suprisingly quite bad even at 235 pounds, even KK looked better.

We have to be patient and get him out of the spotlight next year. There's so many things he can learn in Laval, why not take our time?

That's a good question. I don't understand what was so important about him playing these games

1682052928940.png

Reactions: ReHabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's a good question. I don't understand what was so important about him playing these games

View attachment 693172
He learned so much there. You just dont understand, Gallagher has like 85 poise, hes good to develop your Franchise medium players. Everybody knows the game is glitched and players dont gain any XP in the minors, unless you play the games there. f***ing EA.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Thought he looked really soft. Expected some grit from this guy but nope.

I believe that after seeing videos of Matthew Tkachuk with Adam Nicholas, he is going to be much more engaged in grit next year and going to play with his head up. I think that's a normal thing for a guy who play in europe. Just need adaptation.

Development will be important with Juraj Slafkovsky, he can do everything on ice, that's a question of development and not talent/skill/attitude/work ethic issues. He got everything (he isn't McDavid, but everything in sense that he can do all thing on ice, score, pass, hit, two-way, protection of puck, a true skilled powerforward, that's a special player right there).

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
dont think he belonged in the NHL this season but i do think he has potentiel to become a solid player but he needs to start using hes body more hes bigger then 95% of the NHL but played like Desharnais

And keep your head up please

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad