Injury Report: Jumbo to IR ~10/6

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Wasnt that his 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee and I don't think he ever recovered from the first one....I could be wrong but I think his knee was a lot more messed up

Im almost positive it was the knee that required multiple surgeries to clean up and thats including infections. Seems way different, I think it was Kurz's tweet saying "yeah its good news but but but"

Reactions: SjMilhouse

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I think its valid concern. Definitely better news then diagnosis of another surgery. But I believe infections like this aren't a slam dunk to overcome.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Im almost positive it was the knee that required multiple surgeries to clean up and thats including infections. Seems way different, I think it was Kurz's tweet saying "yeah its good news but but but"
Kurz doesn't like to highlight the bright side. Even good news isn't that good when it could be better.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
That’s potentially not good. I wasn’t around for the whole Raffi Torres thing, but hopefully it isn’t as severe.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't really know how anybody has enough information here to say whether or not Torres' and Thornton's knee infections are particularly different or similar.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't really know how anybody has enough information here to say whether or not Torres' and Thornton's knee infections are particularly different or similar.

Because Thornton's original surgery was not like Torres' surgery. Torres ended up replacing his ligament. Thornton did not. How the infection goes against those two things will end up differently. It would have even if those two things were identical as well but it's factually not the same knee surgery.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

It must be that someone - probably a medical doctor - stole his medical records.

Absent that, it is a clinical case - medically speaking - of someone speculating out of their anal sphincter.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It must be that someone - probably a medical doctor - stole his medical records.

Absent that, it is a clinical case - medically speaking - of someone speculating out of their anal sphincter.

Or you know, people have reported on these cases. There's that but this was a way to go I guess.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I try to give Kurz the benefit of the doubt as a former journalist but that was a journalistic shitpost.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I try to give Kurz the benefit of the doubt as a former journalist but that was a journalistic ****post.
Exactly. Could it be as bad as Torres? Sure, it's an infection anything can happen. It could also be something minor that keeps him out a few weeks.

It's the fact that when stuff like "remember Torres also had an infection and he had to retire" without any real evidence that it's the same get's posted it really only serves to make the fans think "worst case" and then said tweeter in his comments gets to be snarky when people disagree because no one has seen the actual medical reports.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Or you know, people have reported on these cases. There's that but this was a way to go I guess.

People have reported on Torres' and Thornton's specific infections and that they are different? I did not know that. Maybe you can post up the source so the rest of us can get up to speed?

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Any medics in here know what would be likely cause of an infection so far removed from the actual surgery? Clearly not an issue of something getting into an open wound so had to come from fluid or something inside? Russia? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad