Jumbo Jet Dogs

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
+1 for no longer buying a Jet Dog, unless they bring back Nathans.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I had a Jets Dog a couple games ago. It was very underwhelming. The bun was somewhat soft but lacking the flavor and texture it had when it was fried. The Winkler weiner, while not horrible, was noticebly inferior to Nathans. As seasontixholder said in his post, the loaded toppings helped but it couldn't salvage it. I'm never buying another one, unless True North reverts back to the proven winner they used to offer.

They don't fry the buns in butter anymore? I still haven't tried one yet this year. In past years I used to crave those things when I hadn't gone to a game in awhile. This year I looked at the complaints/changes, and decided to let them work out the kinks before trying one.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
They sell Nathans Hot Dogs at the Keystone Centre in Brandon.

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
They should just get the dogs from Winnipeg Old Country, I believe that's who Vj's uses and that's a tasty dog!

I had one at the game last night, if it wasn't for the bacon bits, atomic relish, banana peppers and mustard it would have been a non event.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
They should just get the dogs from Winnipeg Old Country, I believe that's who Vj's uses and that's a tasty dog!

I had one at the game last night, if it wasn't for the bacon bits, atomic relish, banana peppers and mustard it would have been a non event.

Old Country makes those hot dogs with the snappy skin, don't they? They're pretty good.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
What the heck is a Storm Chip? Let us non-MTS Centre-going plebes in on this, Mr. Chinaski. ;)

Deep fried tortilla chips dusted in cinnamon and sugar, glazed with caramel and vanilla icing. Strongly recommended for sharing and preferably during second intermission due to the inevitable sugar crash. :D

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Deep fried tortilla chips dusted in cinnamon and sugar, glazed with caramel and vanilla icing. Strongly recommended for sharing and preferably during second intermission due to the inevitable sugar crash. :D

Holy Christmas, that sounds incredibly artery-hardening! :laugh:

I'd try it though. ;)

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014

that sounds like an apples to refrigerated bananas comparison

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

How have I not seen this? And why can't I stop thinking about it?

Sounds like a good pairing with a Goose Island.....or three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad