Jumbo Jet Dogs

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
So I was at a preseason game and got my typical Jet Dog. Everything good, right?

WRONG.

Weiner was cold. Bun wasn't nearly as squishy and soft as it usually is (nearly stale). Onions weren't bad.

I'm a little worried about what TNSE is doing with this franchise. If that was the first Jet Dog I ever ate I wouldn't get another.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Dude. It's a hotdog. Relax!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
So I was at a preseason game and got my typical Jet Dog. Everything good, right?

WRONG.

Weiner was cold. Bun wasn't nearly as squishy and soft as it usually is (nearly stale). Onions weren't bad.

I'm a little worried about what TNSE is doing with this franchise. If that was the first Jet Dog I ever ate I wouldn't get another.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

Thanks, Chevy... :shakehead

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Their cooked onions have been terrible for a while. They cook then before hand and they get so soggy they get the bun all nasty. It was much better when the onions were cooked to order. But I guess people complained about the smell in the concourse. I love the smell, so maybe I should complain there isn't one?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
We can't judge the hotdogs until we fix the condiments that go on them.

I just don't get why we have the same hot dog grilling coach.
Perhaps the jumbo jet dog will never be GREAT, but I don't get why TNSE isn't at least trying things to enhance its natural flavour. I mean, it did win a Calder Cup.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Do you ever wonder if the skin on a hotdog is thinner than the thinnest condom ever? No idea why that popped into my mind.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
A hotdog should never.............eeeever have cooked onions IMO. Gotta be raw. Interesting footnote, I don't know if they still do it, but the Leafs were calling their dogs "Kobe dogs". There is no Kobe beef in Canada in case you didnt know. What a joke............those suits in TO will buy anything.

seasontixholder*

It was preseason. They were callups. They will be fine on opening night. Well I sure hope they will. I look forward to my dog when I get there.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
I had one the other night and it was great. Also you can take a double and a single drink now, that's new to me

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Honest question: how do you eat that Jumbo Jet Dog without making a mess? :laugh:

It's an unwieldy thing to begin with, and then you're throwing perogies, bacon, onion, chili, condiments, etc. on it. I've had exactly one Jumbo Jet Dog, and found myself more concerned with not spilling stuff on my slacks than actually enjoying it.

Please show me the way of the JJD. I'm eager to learn.

Kismet

Apr 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Honest question: how do you eat that Jumbo Jet Dog without making a mess? :laugh:

It's an unwieldy thing to begin with, and then you're throwing perogies, bacon, onion, chili, condiments, etc. on it. I've had exactly one Jumbo Jet Dog, and found myself more concerned with not spilling stuff on my slacks than actually enjoying it.

Please show me the way of the JJD. I'm eager to learn.

I ask them to cut it in half. Not foolproof, but easier!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad