Confirmed with Link: July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
oof...not a great free agent frenzy day for the rangers...not at all.

not horrible, but definitely not a good one.

This was among the weakest UFA classes that I've ever seen. Lots and lots of overpayment out there (Orpik, Miller, Stastny, Pouliout (good god), etc...)

Concentrate on signing their RFA's to decent deals and hope some of the kids work out (Fast, Lindberg, Miller, Allen, Mcilrath, etc...)

Erhoff was the big miss here but for a one year deal I'm not sure how thrilled I would've been either. Boyle actually fills two spots (Stralman and Richards on the PP).

I won't be missing Brad on the back end. Not at all.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Look at the ridiculous money going to veteran defensemen. Staal's going to take crazy money to re-sign. Sather's going to lock him up and we'll play out Hank's remaining years as a playoff bubble team. ****.

Trainmman

May 29, 2014
Jersey
What is the Rangers grade after day 1 (if they truly are done for the day?):

With all the factors considered (other players signing elsewhere, salary cap, etc):

I say C+ - Stralman to Boyle is an uninspiring move, Glass was just very questionable, but Dom Moore is back at a pretty fair contract.
Grade isn't affected by the Pouliot deal. But there is much more to do.

I guarantee you a lot of fans are killing their front offices more than the Rangers.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Someone said we traded possession for PP firepower, well no not really because Dan Boyle may or may not make the PP better.

Stralman made the defense better, we already know that from experience. I'm not saying they would have signed Stralman anyway, but you can't look at this as a swap because right now whether or not Boyle makes the PP better is still a question mark. One that I am not exactly getting my hopes up for.

Well, we also know from experience that Dan Boyle is a much better offensive defenseman than Stralman and a much better power play performer than Stralman.

We also don't know if Stralman will continue to play defense up to the level he has as a Ranger. There have been many players who upped their game with free agency on the horizon, only to have their games go south once the got their major payday.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
what is the rangers grade after day 1 (if they truly are done for the day?):

With all the factors considered (other players signing elsewhere, salary cap, etc):

I say c+ - stralman to boyle is an uninspiring move, glass was just very questionable, but dom moore is back at a pretty fair contract.
Grade isn't affected by the pouliot deal. But there is much more to do.

I guarantee you a lot of fans are killing their front offices more than the rangers.

inc-

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Reading that Glass is a good PKer. Him and Adams on the PK for Pit last year.

Blocks shots. Hits. Conflicting reports of him being slow or having decent speed.

I really should know more about his play since hes on the Pens, but just reading all I can.

Played for AV in the past. Contract isn't killer, can easily be moved down the line if needed.

If he has decent speed, plays the penalty kill, blocks shots and throws a ton of hits it doesn't sound like hes useless. I couldn't care less about his fighting and how good he is at it, though.

Going to give it a chance, like I have any choice.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Look at the ridiculous money going to veteran defensemen. Staal's going to take crazy money to re-sign. Sather's going to lock him up and we'll play out Hank's remaining years as a playoff bubble team. ****.

Staal is going to hold us by the balls now that Stralman is gone.

Trainmman

May 29, 2014
Jersey
I dont know how legit these guys are, but I said 2 weeks ago and still think Jumbo Joe ends up here this summer. Have felt that way for a while.

I could see it, but I just think he wants to stay with the Sharks (at least that's what earlier reports have said recently).

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Sather is taking a nap til 4

It's tiring singing a player who will be irrelevant in two years time and adding another for three years who is already irrelevant.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Reading that Glass is a good PKer. Him and Adams on the PK for Pit last year.

Blocks shots. Hits. Conflicting reports of him being slow or having decent speed.

I really should know more about his play since hes on the Pens, but just reading all I can.

Played for AV in the past. Contract isn't killer, can easily be moved down the line if needed.

If he has decent speed, plays the penalty kill, blocks shots and throws a ton of hits it doesn't sound like hes useless. I couldn't care less about his fighting and how good he is at it, though.

Going to give it a chance, like I have any choice.

He is pretty fast, just not good with the puck

Championship*

I really wouldn't mind a trade for Jumbo at this point.

Trying to wrap my head around it gives me a headache with the cap situation we're in. Wonder if SJ could eat some of it? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad