GDT: July 1 Frenzy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Apparently we're one of four teams interested in CDH. Wonder if Methot isn't ready to go

Is he a LD or RD? If he's a RD then I'm interested but really depends on the price and term.

In other news though, Artemi Panarin is crazy expensive.
Good article on players available for trade:

As UFA market dwindles, trade talk takes over

Panarin is looking for $9-10m AAV on his next deal and CBJ wants a top 6 forward, a top draft pick, and another asset.

Definitely feel that Pacioretty is our #1 target

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Is he a LD or RD? If he's a RD then I'm interested but really depends on the price and term.

In other news though, Artemi Panarin is crazy expensive.
Good article on players available for trade:

As UFA market dwindles, trade talk takes over

Panarin is looking for $9-10m AAV on his next deal and CBJ wants a top 6 forward, a top draft pick, and another asset.

Definitely feel that Pacioretty is our #1 target
He’s a lefty but I’m sure he can play rd if needed. I’m pretty sure heiskanen is comfortable playing the right side too.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I wonder if CDH is a replacement for someone who might move in a trade.

Seems a bit preemptive to assume Methot won’t be healthy.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I get the feeling he wants to play miro in Texas to start the year .

Starting there ala Klingberg, maybe. There’s no way Miro plays the whole year in Cedar Park. They’ve hyped him up too much and have already talked about the role they expect of him.

He’s NHL ready. Unless he looks very out-of-place, he should start and finish the season in Dallas.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Totally hadn’t thought of him as well, just all the madness yesterday I guess. Would be cheaper than Panarin.

For sure much cheaper, and feels like the type of guy Nill would want to acquire for experience purposes. And yeah, cause he is considerably cheaper than Panarin and safer bet to re-sign (and once again, cheaper to re-sign too)

Reactions: Dynamite Time

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Starting there ala Klingberg, maybe. There’s no way Miro plays the whole year in Cedar Park. They’ve hyped him up too much and have already talked about the role they expect of him.

He’s NHL ready. Unless he looks very out-of-place, he should start and finish the season in Dallas.
I agree , just going off nills conservative ways. Hes prob gonna
Make training camp look easy and not give nill much of a choice to be honest.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Patches - Spezza - Radulov
Janmark - Faksa - Pitlick
Comeau - Hanzal - Ritchie
Elie

Lindell - Klingberg
De Haan - Heiskanen
Methot - Johns
Polak

Bishop
Khudobin

Trade: Honka + Shore + Picks/Prospects for Max Pacioretty

Seems good to me.
It would probably cost us more than that . Janmark would have to go the other way I would guess .

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Patches - Spezza - Radulov
Janmark - Faksa - Pitlick
Comeau - Hanzal - Ritchie
Elie

Lindell - Klingberg
De Haan - Heiskanen
Methot - Johns
Polak

Bishop
Khudobin

Trade: Honka + Shore + Picks/Prospects for Max Pacioretty

Seems good to me.

Definitely on board for that.

I'd try Ritchie + Shore + Bayreuther/Heatherington/Guryanov first before I will put Honka's name out there. Just get rid of all the dead weight. I believe Shore and one of those prospects might actually be intriguing to other teams. Even though we all know better.

I'd include Honka for Panarin, though. No questions asked.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’d love to offload Honka and Guryanov in a deal for Panarin

Columbus wants a top 6 forward in return though sadly. Honka definitely isn't a need for them. Pacioretty though? Definitely

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Patches would be ideal. Not as expensive as Panarin and has chem with Radu already. Their two biggest needs are a puck moving dman and a center. So dangle Honka and Dickinson to them and let's see if they bite.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nichushkin is a top 6 forward, no?

That would open up another hole, except now on the right wing side, but I'd still do that for Panarin cause maybe Janmark or him can play the right side. Only if Panarin re-signs though otherwise I want Pacioretty or someone else for cheaper

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
For Panarin, only a handful of players are off-limits. He's a top-10, maybe top-5 winger in the game right now.

Pacioretty doesn't have anywhere near the same value.

Reactions: Kcb12345

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
That would open up another hole, except now on the right wing side, but I'd still do that for Panarin cause maybe Janmark or him can play the right side. Only if Panarin re-signs though otherwise I want Pacioretty or someone else for cheaper

I don't see how beneficial Nichushkin's presence is going to be. Maybe his departure is an addition by subtraction and I'd even do it for Pacioretty... unless of course Nill gave him a NTC or something. Kinda funny to see a highly touted GM who came into the organization with much fanfare 5 years ago, now hitching his job and the future of his 1C's decision to extend on the probable success of another highly touted draft pick who is likely heading towards bust territory.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If we have an extension in place, I could stomach moving Heiskanen. Nill probably can’t, though.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No way we get Karlsson imo. Vegas or NYR will take Bobby Ryan's contract and then probably offer more than we could asset-wise. Especially Vegas. That Ryan contract is a dealbreaker for us unless it's a 3-way deal, but then we don't have the assets to do a deal like that unless Heiskanen is involved so Nill would probably not be up for that.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
The Ryan contract is a difficult piece in the longer term. Ottawa might take Methot's contract back as he's local and a fan favourite they didn't want to lose, but that's only going to help for a year. I'd have to look at the cap space moving forward to see if there's a way to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad