GDT: July 1 Frenzy

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
One wing option that hasn't made the rounds a lot is Corey Perry. The Ducks asked him for a list of teams recently and TSN had him on their trade list, apparently he and coaches didn't see eye-to-eye. He might have lost a step, but he's still a prick to play against and a scorer. Any interest there, or is Patches/Skinner/? a better bet? I don't believe Panarin is obtainable.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
No way we get Karlsson imo. Vegas or NYR will take Bobby Ryan's contract and then probably offer more than we could asset-wise. Especially Vegas. That Ryan contract is a dealbreaker for us unless it's a 3-way deal, but then we don't have the assets to do a deal like that unless Heiskanen is involved so Nill would probably not be up for that.

Agreed, Ryan contract is the kicker. I think Ottawa might take Methot's contract back, which helps this year (local guy, fan favourite) but the issue is term. I'd have to crunch numbers to see if there's any way.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Agreed, Ryan contract is the kicker. I think Ottawa might take Methot's contract back, which helps this year (local guy, fan favourite) but the issue is term. I'd have to crunch numbers to see if there's any way.

It would have to involve a 3rd team for sure

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
One wing option that hasn't made the rounds a lot is Corey Perry. The Ducks asked him for a list of teams recently and TSN had him on their trade list, apparently he and coaches didn't see eye-to-eye. He might have lost a step, but he's still a prick to play against and a scorer. Any interest there, or is Patches/Skinner/? a better bet? I don't believe Panarin is obtainable.

I can't imagine anything worse than Corey Perry in a Stars' jersey.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
By Subtracting Hanzal, and with Cap Growth there would be a way to have
11 Seguin
11 Karlsson
9,5 Benn
7.25 Ryan
6,5 Radulov

And still fill out a roster But I think they'd be smarter to Involve another team and Have them eat some of the caphit.
They could also just buy out ryan and take the 2mil cap hit for a few years.

Of course they may be able, with taxes convince Seguin/Karlsson to sign slightly under that but realistically probably not

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
No interest in Perry. His skating looked beer league level last year. Not sure if it’s an injury, but we already have to many slow players.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
We CANNOT trade away heiskanen . We finally have one of the best d prospects in the world and we already have Klingberg who improved a lot in the last year if EK was a UFA or the price wasn’t heiskanen than ya by all means but I don’t see that as a possibility . Only way I’d want Karlsson is if he was coming in to play with miro .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->