GDT: July 1 Frenzy

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Feel like we’ve said this a lot and we’ve made the playoffs twice in 10 years.

That’s fair! I get the skepticism. I’m just asking that we give them more than a day of free agency to fix this. If it’s September and nothing happens I’ll join you with the pitchforks.

Reactions: Morry83

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
For Thompson, Berglund, Sobotka, 2019 1st, and 2021 2nd.

Blues pay the $7.5M signing bonus.

That is a haul.

Basically the same as Riley Tufte, Depth player, depth player, late 1st rnd pick, 2nd

and not my money

Really good return if you're the Blues.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Basically the same as Riley Tufte, Depth player, depth player, late 1st rnd pick, 2nd

and not my money

Really good return if you're the Blues.

Extremely good deal for the Blues. Stars easily could've matched or beat that deal. The 2nd round pick isn't even until 2021 wtf

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Definitely a good return for the Blues.

Thompson is probably a better prospect than Tufte. He’s actually shown something at the NHL level.

Comparable depth players would probably by Shore and maybe Faksa? Not really a good comparable for those two players on the Stars.

We also know how much Nill values picks.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
This is the type of move I thought Nill would be in on. Hoping the Bread Man is part of Nill's plans.

Unless CBJ is high on Honka, we have a better chance getting Karlsson than Panarin.

Jackets aren't rebuilding so they're going to want a good roster player coming back. We dont have any that would intrigue them.

Sens management is incompetent so you might be able to pry Karlsson out with a little more quantity over quality.

You're not gonna get Panarin for picks and prospects, they'll want a top 6 player.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Definitely a good return for the Blues.

Thompson is probably a better prospect than Tufte. He’s actually shown something at the NHL level.

Comparable depth players would probably by Shore and maybe Faksa? Not really a good comparable for those two players on the Stars.

We also know how much Nill values picks.

Comparable players would be Pitlick and Comeau for Berglund and Sobotka. Except Comeau isn't a center but still.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
The more I read about Michael Mersch, the more I like that signing. He's had great stats in Manchester/Ontario, has size, and is only 25. The Kings have had a well established forward corps during that time.

I'd suspect with Jim Nill's familiarity with Mike Eaves, his coach at Wisconsin, and Jim Montgomery's NCAA ties, the Stars have a really good feel for who he is.

This might be an under-the-radar move, somewhat like the Pitlick signing, that could pay dividends soon.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The more I read about Michael Mersch, the more I like that signing. He's had great stats in Manchester/Ontario, has size, and is only 25. The Kings have had a well established forward corps during that time.

I'd suspect with Jim Nill's familiarity with Mike Eaves, his coach at Wisconsin, and Jim Montgomery's NCAA ties, the Stars have a really good feel for who he is.

This might be an under-the-radar move, somewhat like the Pitlick signing, that could pay dividends soon.

Where would he slot into the lineup?

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Plays the left side. The knock on him seems to be speed, but he can finish. Maybe a complementary player to Spezza. Realistically, he adds to a glut of guys fighting for space and could end up being a top liner in Cedar Park, but he also may find a groove and an opportunity to break out with the big club.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kind of surprised we didnt sign Grabner for just $1 million more than Comeau. Not going to lose sleep over it though

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Can't believe Nill is actually going to go into next season thinking Comeau is a safe top 6 option for us and fixes our depth issues. He genuinely feels that. Better make a trade for Skinner or Panarin otherwise we likely won't be getting anything done next season. All these teams are getting better and we are just adding the players they don't want

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Can't believe Nill is actually going to go into next season thinking Comeau is a safe top 6 option for us and fixes our depth issues. He genuinely feels that. Better make a trade for Skinner or Panarin otherwise we likely won't be getting anything done next season. All these teams are getting better and we are just adding the players they don't want

I'm confident hes trying to add another top 6 player. He honestly can't think this team can compete next year as it stands

Benn - Seguin - Nuke
Xxx - Spezza - Radulov
Janmark - Faksa - Comeau
Shore - Smith - Pitlick
Ellie

Lindell - klingberg
Heiskanen - John's
Methot - Honka
Polak

Tendies

If we could land Panarin that would actually be a decent lineup

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm confident hes trying to add another top 6 player. He honestly can't think this team can compete next year as it stands

Benn - Seguin - Nuke
Xxx - Spezza - Radulov
Janmark - Faksa - Comeau
Shore - Smith - Pitlick
Ellie

Lindell - klingberg
Heiskanen - John's
Methot - Honka
Polak

Tendies

If we could land Panarin that would actually be a decent lineup

If we could get Panarin I'd forgive him for all of this, but 1. Extreme risk considering that rumor he would only sign in 3 places, 2. The price and if we can even afford him, 3. The amount of teams interested already.

Columbus would want Heiskanen I'm sure

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I’d be pretty shocked if he isn’t working on something. However If he doesn’t get anything else done I’m confident we’re gonna get big seasons out of janmark and nuke . IMO it’s the defense that still needs an upgrade . Having the right guys for heiskanen to play with and learn from is key and johns , honka are both still learning themselves so I don’t see keeping all of them a realistic option if we want to be a playoff team .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Forgot about a guy that's probably our top option right now: Pacioretty. Probably cheaper than the other options too I'd assume

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad