GDT: July 1 - Free Agent National Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
statically players start a quick decline at around 32-33 years old. between 24 and 32 atypically they have around 90% of their performance. that would be 4-5 years into the contract.

looking at lucic's history he's been pretty healthy.

no one thought that Jager would play to the age he has either. hard to categorize players like that.

Its true that there's a chance he stays an effective player.

But Jagr is the player he is first and foremost due to his puck skills - Lucic seems to rely on his physical game as much as his skill.

If he loses half a step in his skating ability I see a Mike Richards or Dustin Brown type decline in his future.

Never really liked him as a player anyway so I hope this turns out to be a massive blunder for the Oilers.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
19 pts...-22 (I know I know +/-) but that gets you term and 2.1M per now?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yes Okposo .70 ppg vs JVR .62 suggests that. JVR will be UFA @ 29 yrs old and likely want a 6-7-8 x 7m deal. Okposo, 7x6 @ 28yrs old.

You're delusional. Okposo is a good player end of story.

To be fair Okposo had the luck to play with Tavares. Nuff said.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Best reasoning for signing that god awful Lucic contract? 'well other teams were offering 6 at same money and were going for him hard, so it's not a bad deal'.

Hmm..... sounds very similar to Clarkson signing. Oilers offered him more money, so that means Leafs contract wasn't bad amriitee???

Chia's a bad GM whose trying to "do something " for the sake of doing something.

So far he's managed to give away one of the best wingers in the game and well below value and just gave his team a large long term cap anchor.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Do the people who want to keep jvr still want to if he was 6 for 7 or do you now appreciate why his value is inflated

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
To be fair Okposo had the luck to play with Tavares. Nuff said.

to be fair, JVR broke his flipping foot.

again, I would be the first person to kick JVR out if the right defenseman came up, but I would also consider if he wants to stay in Toronto he could take less. (everyone was screaming how Kadri would want 6, etc, and really pump money into Kadri, and they both take very affordable, "work with the team" deals." JVR could easily do that.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Poor Montreal, they were really going all in this year and mission lucic probably really hurt their grand plan....

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
None of these type of signings make sense for our team and I'm incredibly happy that the Leafs haven't tried to match any of those deals there. Every time my phone buzzes with an alert from my TSN app, I silently say a prayer that I'm not about to read "The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed...". At this rate, not doing anything may be the smartest move. I wouldn't mind Martin but not at the cost that these other guys are going for.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Okposo, Ladd and Eriksson all have signing bonus more than 50% of their dollars.

Lmao what's with this buyout proof contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad