GDT: July 1 - Free Agent National Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Reading Dreger saying the Leafs are in contention to sign Russell before going to bed is going to give me nightmares.

He's like a worst and left handed version of Polak. Plus he's 5'10".

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The guy we're desperately trying to buy out because of how bad he is might be better than Russell.

I'm just going to pretend this isn't possible because I want to keep my high opinion of our management team.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I don't even want anyone really I think.

Maybe Hamhuis with our D?

Would rather our own players play and we don't clutter our cap with stop gaps.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I've just began to have faith in our management after some very stupid decisions in the past decade. Please don't sign Russell.

Dreger doesn't really have many sources with the Leafs anymore so he could be full of **** but it's still such an uneasy feeling knowing he could be on our team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
why is everyone freaking out.
Rusell likes the Leafs. doesn't mean the Leafs like him

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
why is everyone freaking out.
Rusell likes the Leafs. doesn't mean the Leafs like him

Maybe it's just agent talk, and I have to believe it is. I cannot conceive any scenario that Russell makes any sense. I really don't.

We've lost out on plenty of free agents over the years, this has to be one of them.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
large.gif

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
DEMO_TRADE_PC_RUSSELL1.png

An unrestricted free agent on July 1, Kris Russell asked for $1.5 million more per season on a contract extension than the Calgary Flames were willing to pay, according to Sportsnet’s Eric Francis.

It seems as though, Kris Russel was asking for at least $4.1 million per season on a contract extension from the Calgary Flames.

$2.6 million + $1.5 million = $4.1 million

Rogers Sportsnet speculates that on the open market this summer Kris Russell will get a deal similar to the six-year, $33 million deals ($5.5 million annually) signed by Jeff Petry and Andrej Sekara. Russell’s numbers dwarf those of both players.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Dubas, you're our only hope...

Holy ****, bret lebda had better advance stats than russell. I never would have guessed that. Lebda was a atrocious dmen, no thanks to russell please stay away. Rather sign gormley and waste a contract spot than have hope russell will do any good for us

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Holy ****, bret lebda had better advance stats than russell. I never would have guessed that. Lebda was a atrocious dmen, no thanks to russell please stay away. Rather sign gormley and waste a contract spot than have hope russell will do any good for us

It's just a small part of it. Even the eye test would tell you he's not much more than a bottom pairing defender. I don't know...

I mean, if you want an old school defender that blocks shots and all that, just sign Luke Schenn and call it a day.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Martin 4x2.2 (at 3 million hes pricing himself out of teams)
Okposo 5x6.5 (wants 7 million, could settle in the 6.25-6.5 range though)
Campbell 2x4 (high cap hit low term for a veteran d that can still play, not like robidas)
Stempniak 3x2.5-3.5 (top 9 player for sure might want a bit more term though)
Demers 5x4.25-5 (quality RD nothing more to say)

Just some thoughts not saying leafs should get these or what just some players that we may target/look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad