GDT: July 1 - Free Agent Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Hoping for more than McBackup aswell. I still think our season is over if Freddy goes down for a long period of time with McBackup as his replacement.

Would have liked Mason, but I guess Winnipeg still sees him as a starter.

not many teams can compete when their starter goes down, in fact the one that could cant anymore because their "backup" plays in vegas now

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hoping for more than McBackup aswell. I still think our season is over if Freddy goes down for a long period of time with McBackup as his replacement.

Year 1 they had a good PO showing. Year 2 they will have a setback and year 3 they will have measured success and year 4 they will contend.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I have no problem with McBackup. He played well for us
If Andersen gets injured, they'll just have to deal with it. Can always make a move later

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
not many teams can compete when their starter goes down, in fact the one that could cant anymore because their "backup" plays in vegas now

McBackup is a backup in the truest sense of the word. I was just hoping for a former or attempted starter that had fallen from grace.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Hainsey is OK depth on a 1-yr deal and expected to be 6/7. But he doesn't shoot right and he's not a Top 4 guy. Still a big hole to fill.

I still think our D is far better than it's given credit for. Rielly and Gardiner were far, far better than Shattenkirk in that 6 game series.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I still think our D is far better than it's given credit for. Rielly and Gardiner were far, far better than Shattenkirk in that 6 game series.

i agree, we are no where near as desperate as alot of people think (here and in the media). Would we like a top4 upgrade, sure but we are by no means desperate for one

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Pierre Lebrun:
Rangers, Blue Jackets and Leafs believed to be among the teams on Kovalchuk's wish list... not sure Toronto has any interest though...

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Pierre LeBrunâ€ÂVerified account @PierreVLeBrun 55s55 seconds ago
More
Rangers, Blue Jackets and Leafs believed to be among the teams on Kovalchuk's wish list... not sure Toronto has any interest though..

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Pierre LeBrunâ€ÂVerified account @PierreVLeBrun 55s55 seconds ago
More
Rangers, Blue Jackets and Leafs believed to be among the teams on Kovalchuk's wish list... not sure Toronto has any interest though..

I can hear the money coming in now!

Magic words.. Popular player name + Leafs = Ad revenue hustlah

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
i agree, we are no where near as desperate as alot of people think (here and in the media). Would we like a top4 upgrade, sure but we are by no means desperate for one

The organization added a 25 year-old top 4 RH D for free last year while Edmonton was busy trading Hall for one. Let's see how the Swedish dup play out.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If the Leafs do nothing, today will be a rousing success!

sign me up for nothing. Hell id settle for literally nothing, sparks as backup internal options bottom pair if it ensures we dont spend too much $$$ and term elsewhere in FA

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The organization added a 25 year-old top 4 RH D for free last year while Edmonton was busy trading Hall for one. Let's see how the Swedish dup play out.

and dermott. Rosen, Dermott and Borgman fight it out for bottom pair LHD, although apprently Rosen can play RD so maybe a Dermott-Rosen bottom pair

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Hainsey might be signed by the Leafs. Solid depth addition if it occurs.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Some dumb deals are made on this day. I know the Leafs won't bite on anything stupid.

A decent backup and a low profile addition on RD signed later in the week is all I am expecting. They will probably go with the recently signed swedes or prospects (Dermott)to fill the rest of the defence. I think if Fehr or Smith (ughh) will hold down the 4th line centre spot until GOAT is healthy again.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Would have liked Mason, but I guess Winnipeg still sees him as a starter.

He had one (really) bad year, the rest of his time in Philly was very good. I've also heard that he has no interest in any team where he isn't the clear starter.

I wouldn't be against Kulikov on a 'show-me' deal.

I'd still like us to tie up Boyle if he could be signed on a reasonable deal, but this is probably his last shot of some term and $ so he probably will be out of our reach in reasonable terms.

Kulikov might have been the worst defender in the league last season, but based on what I've been hearing he shouldn't have been on the ice at all. Playing through a ton of pain.

There's a reclamation project there, but it'd be a long process with uncertain results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad