Speculation: Julius Honka

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
So, with Honka being scratched again and off on the wrong foot with his 3rd coach, is it fair to say that he could be on the move at the deadline this year?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Another coach that likes Polak too much to realize he's terrible.

I'd take him on the Leafs. Ideally Hainsey goes first though. I actually think his game would really suit Riellys style of play as well.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If the Stars are interested in a defensively solid #6-7 in place of Honka, the Pens might trade Ruhwedel for him.

Can Honka play both sides?

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
when I saw the Carrick trade originally I just assumed they were swapping the two. Seemed kinda possible.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If the Stars are interested in a defensively solid #6-7 in place of Honka, the Pens might trade Ruhwedel for him.

Can Honka play both sides?

No, we have plenty of those.

Ideally he’d be moved in a package for a second line forward, but if he keeps getting benched, that won’t happen. He needs to play and be given a chance for his value to amount to anything.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
No, we have plenty of those.

Ideally he’d be moved in a package for a second line forward, but if he keeps getting benched, that won’t happen. He needs to play and be given a chance for his value to amount to anything.

No offense, but even if he doesn't keep getting benched that seems like a long shot. Maybe the optics are worse than the reality, but when a small PMD produces like Honka last year in the AHL and NHL, you ain't getting a 2nd line forward for him. You're not even getting a decent 3rd line forward.

Reactions: Riptide

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
No offense, but even if he doesn't keep getting benched that seems like a long shot. Maybe the optics are worse than the reality, but when a small PMD produces like Honka last year in the AHL and NHL, you ain't getting a 2nd line forward for him. You're not even getting a decent 3rd line forward.

At this point he wouldn’t even be the centerpiece. We’d add a roster player (e.g. Devin Shore) and a first or something along those lines. Won’t get us anything incredible, but could garner a rental or maybe someone like Nyquist.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Why isn’t Honka playing? What’s the main problem with his game?

I remember him being a strong and confident puck mover, has his skill level really dropped that much or has Heiskanen helped make his eile redundant?

If it weren’t for Bouchard, I think Edmonton could have a use for him.

No idea what his value is.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Seems like a logical target for Bergevin after Kulak and Olofsson. You guys want Benn back right?:naughty:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A year and a half ago I would have given a ton for him, but our RD needs aren't really there anymore with the emergence of Bouchard and Bear. I'd offer up something around Matt Benning maybe, but I'm sure someone else here would offer more than the Oilers will now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad