Speculation: Julius Honka

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
At this point he wouldn’t even be the centerpiece. We’d add a roster player (e.g. Devin Shore) and a first or something along those lines. Won’t get us anything incredible, but could garner a rental or maybe someone like Nyquist.

Not sure how to value Honka at this point but I'd be interested in something around Honka and Nyquist. Gus has an NTC he'd have to waive though.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Seems like a logical target for Bergevin after Kulak and Olofsson. You guys want Benn back right?:naughty:

Honka would actually be a good, buy low pick up for the Habs. What would the Stars want? At least one contract needs to go the other way though.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
The guy who got scratched for the guy who got scratched for Roman Polak and Roman Polak.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The guy who got scratched for the guy who got scratched for Roman Polak and Roman Polak.
Exactly.
I'm sure the Leafs are scrambling to trade Nylander for a dman who got replaced by a UFA they didn't want to re-sign and a young RHD they just traded for a 7th :laugh:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Can we just waive Polak and play Honka? He’s not going to return much because he’s 22 and hasn’t proven anything in the NHL yet. He looks fantastic when he’s in the line up though.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Kyle Dubas will be on the hot seat in a few wks if Polak and Carrick continue to play liek top 30 defensemen in the N.H.L.

member 262271

Did Polak drive play all night in the one game or something? Blues fans feel free to chime in, the guy can't pass to save his life, and is good for 1 or 2 dumb penalties a game.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I was shocked he got scratched... He looked legitimately good during the pre season and Monty seemed to praise his ability to move the puck up the ice. There is no way he should continue to sit over Polak. That being said if Carrick continues to look like he did last night then he is 100% capable of being that 3RD behind a healthy Johns and that makes things murky with Honka.

Ideally he just slots in over Polak in the game Saturday and we just dont look back, because while Polak wasnt horrible last night he got burned a couple times 100% thanks to his awful skating.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah unless it's in a package for a top 6 forward I'm just not interested. Would rather hang onto him cause he will find himself back in the lineup soon. Was only held out cause he didn't "defend" as well as Carrick and Polak in practice

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Did Polak drive play all night in the one game or something? Blues fans feel free to chime in, the guy can't pass to save his life, and is good for 1 or 2 dumb penalties a game.

i liked him as a bottom pairing guy who could fill in on the second pairing sometimes in stl actually

he was playing above his head in toronto but he wasnt the disaster you guys make him out to be

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
seems like the market is a 6th round pick
While Honka's value is low its still way higher than a 6th. Like it or not, but semi recent first round picks hold value around the league regardless of where they are in their career. A more aged, objectively worse player in Oleksiak returned a 4th round pick

Reactions: Kcb12345

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What happened to him? I remember Stars fans being really hesitant to move on for him in proposal threads.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
While Honka's value is low its still way higher than a 6th. Like it or not, but semi recent first round picks hold value around the league regardless of where they are in their career. A more aged, objectively worse player in Oleksiak returned a 4th round pick

Objectively worse? Honka scored 4 points in 42 games last year with 56% o-zone starts. Oleksiak is also 6'8" and can bring a physical presence when he's not scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad