Player Discussion Julien Gauthier #77 - RW

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Formenton comes back to NHL I highly doubt its with the Sens, some bad blood for sure, I assume he will be moved along IF cleared
Not to derail the thread, but Formenton needs to understand that no one was signing him under the circumstances. When the smoke clears we'll see how he feels about our organization, but that's the hard reality. It's worth noting that he could have signed his qualifying offer, but chose not to. (That was just before the @#$# hit the fan, of course.)

As for Gauthier, I've given up figuring out DJ Smith's roster decisions. We have a three goal scorer in Gambrell as our 3C, and DJ absolutely loves the guy the way that Boucher loved Pyatt. Gauthier is to me a perfect bottom six winger - lots of speed and lots of size. He's in the bottom six because he can't finish, but like Formenton he'll get his chances simply based on how fast he is, and put in a few of them. It is absolutely crucial to get some better production out of our bottom six, and I think that Gauthier can play a role in that.

Reactions: Cosmix

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Why do you say that
Is this serious?
Either AF is involved in a very prolific sexual assault case, and in time could become criminally guilty, or he isn't and the org dicked him around for a season, he lost a prime earning year in his career, he would surely ask to be traded.
But to me the way his season went is quite telling, so infer what you want.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Not to derail the thread, but Formenton needs to understand that no one was signing him under the circumstances. When the smoke clears we'll see how he feels about our organization, but that's the hard reality. It's worth noting that he could have signed his qualifying offer, but chose not to. (That was just before the @#$# hit the fan, of course.)

As for Gauthier, I've given up figuring out DJ Smith's roster decisions. We have a three goal scorer in Gambrell as our 3C, and DJ absolutely loves the guy the way that Boucher loved Pyatt. Gauthier is to me a perfect bottom six winger - lots of speed and lots of size. He's in the bottom six because he can't finish, but like Formenton he'll get his chances simply based on how fast he is, and put in a few of them. It is absolutely crucial to get some better production out of our bottom six, and I think that Gauthier can play a role in that.
It's quite odd how you can sit Gauthier in favor of Gambrell or Brown.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Is this serious?
Either AF is involved in a very prolific sexual assault case, and in time could become criminally guilty, or he isn't and the org dicked him around for a season, he lost a prime earning year in his career, he would surely ask to be traded.
But to me the way his season went is quite telling, so infer what you want.
You’re missing the key fact that the NHL was heavily involved. This wasn’t just a Sens decision. PD wasn’t even allowed to talk to the media about the subject (allegations).

Also, it’s doubtful that Formenton’s camp was upset. If that was the case they would have said something in the media like all other players in his contract situation do. It was radio silence and the player quietly went to Europe for the year. The team made a general statement about not agreeing on a contract, and the topic also vanished.

This looks a lot more like an agreed or accepted cooling off situation where the NHL wanted to wait and see what happens/the outcome. I would be very surprised if there was any ‘bad blood’.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
G is a PK face off guy, not a regular though.

We’re missing Hammy, and last game Watson on the PK, guys that will block shots like crazy. It’s not that much of a surprise that our PK numbers slip when we lose our top PK D. Gotta get in lanes and block shots on the pk.
G is an ambiguous reference now with Gambrell, Giroux and Gauthier on the roster. :)

You’re missing the key fact that the NHL was heavily involved. This wasn’t just a Sens decision. PD wasn’t even allowed to talk to the media about the subject (allegations).

Also, it’s doubtful that Formenton’s camp was upset. If that was the case they would have said something in the media like all other players in his contract situation do. It was radio silence and the player quietly went to Europe for the year. The team made a general statement about not agreeing on a contract, and the topic also vanished.

This looks a lot more like an agreed or accepted cooling off situation where the NHL wanted to wait and see what happens/the outcome. I would be very surprised if there was any ‘bad blood’.
I am not saying you are wrong on this theory of heavy NHL involvement, but there have not been any facts to support the NHL league doing anything re: Formenton, nor silencing Dorion in the media.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why do you say that
They didnt offer him a contract while every other player that was involved played this year because they already had one. They iced him out essentially.

If there is new ownership and management maybe he comes back.

Re: Gauthier, put me in the camp that doesnt understand how they werent playing him over Brown and Gambrell.

Reactions: Cosmix

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
They didnt offer him a contract while every other player that was involved played this year because they already had one. They iced him out essentially.

If there is new ownership and management maybe he comes back.

Re: Gauthier, put me in the camp that doesnt understand how they werent playing him over Brown and Gambrell.
I guess the other two can kill penalties...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
G is an ambiguous reference now with Gambrell, Giroux and Gauthier on the roster. :)

I am not saying you are wrong on this theory of heavy NHL involvement, but there have not been any facts to support the NHL league doing anything re: Formenton, nor silencing Dorion in the media.
Yes there absolutely have.

Dorion straight up said that he wasnt allowed to talk about it, didn’t want to get in trouble with Gary har har I believe. it was definitly very clear that the NHL was investigating and the team couldn’t talk about it.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
If Ryan Reynolds is going to be part of new ownership, I don't see how Formenton can come back. Hard to make a light reality show while dodging the massive elephant in the room.

So IMO it's going to be one or the other...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Dorian said back in October, NHL had advised them not to say anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad