Player Discussion Julien Gauthier #77 - RW

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Garrioch “this allows them to replace watson”

DJ “watson stays in no matter what”

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Will play today against Boston(he scored his first nhl goal against Boston) and wear #77

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I expect a few points in his first few games (running on adrenalin) then settle into obscurity. This pickup doesn’t move the needle for me.

Reactions: HSF

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I've seen more from Gauthier in a couple of games than I saw from Motte thru however many he played.

Big guys that can skate make for good bottom 6ers.

Pinto
Formenton
Joseph
Gauthier
Kastelic

Is a lot nicer looking than what we ran at any time this season

Reactions: asw and Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've seen more from Gauthier in a couple of games than I saw from Motte thru however many he played.

Pinto
Formenton
Joseph
Gauthier
Kastelic

New team adrenalin perhaps? Motte actually looked really good his first few games with Pinto and Joseph, unfortunately they were preseason...

I've been pretty happy with Gauthier, hope keeps it up. I do wish he'd use his size a bit more though and throw his weight around.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
New team adrenalin perhaps? Motte actually looked really good his first few games with Pinto and Joseph, unfortunately they were preseason...

I've been pretty happy with Gauthier, hope keeps it up. I do wish he'd use his size a bit more though and throw his weight around.
That unfortunately will never happen. He is what he is. We hope he gets better at the stuff he does but he won’t start doing the stuff he doesn’t.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I doubt he will ever be laying guys out. His size is very useful in front of the net and during Ozone board battles but his speed is what really helps.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He hits but not with much authority. Joseph has to hit more too. Too many 0 hit games.
Joseph has a little more skill but both those guys have to bring it physically to be up their value imo

Reactions: Icelevel and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He hits but not with much authority. Joseph has to hit more too. Too many 0 hit games.
Joseph has a little more skill but both those guys have to bring it physically to be up their value imo
Joseph has to do more to earn his salary, which is higher than Gauthier at this time.

Gauthier has shown very good top speed and seems to hot too but not at the level that such a big player could. I like his size which makes him difficult to knock down and move away from the crease. Motte was slight of build and easily moved and locked down.

It's an old comment, but I certainly hope Formenton is signed for next season. He is a player that would add greatly to this team. Joseph might have to be traded to create the cap and budget space.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I kind of wonder if Gauthier wasn't brought in specifically to get someone who can play with Joseph. So Joseph's shit play basically got Motte shipped out.

Reactions: bicboi64

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I like him already.
He has potential. Hopefully he reaches this potential with us.

I kind of wonder if Gauthier wasn't brought in specifically to get someone who can play with Joseph. So Joseph's shit play basically got Motte shipped out.
Motte was also a pretty terrible third line player outside of his time on the PK, and his defensive play. If we are looking for offensive output from the third, Motte was a black hole in that regard. Someone talked about Motte being a better player in a vacuum. I like what Gauthier brings if he can simply play hard consistently.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If he can score 12-15 goals on the third line (he has 7 in 43 this yr) and not be a defensive liability then that’s something we don’t have right now and would be a big help.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Pinto
Formenton
Joseph
Gauthier
Kastelic

He's not used to the system yet! Just give him time. ;)

Kidding aside, so far this has looked like a good trade: get cheaper, younger, bigger, faster, someone with pedigree and still some potential, and who you could have for next year too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00