Jujhar Khaira

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
On the games I’ve seen him he was a really good penalty killer. Lots of size and decent skater. Don’t see much offense.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly, I have no idea where his offence went. When he first came into the league he seemed to have pretty decent vision, decent hands and a bit of finish that could make him into a 10 goal 30P guy. Since then he really hasn't shown a whole lot offensively. He's still a solid penalty killer and strong cycle/puck protection player who can skate pretty well, but at this point it's looking like a 4th liner is all he's going to be in a grinder/PK role.

Maybe he could re-find his offence elsewhere, but Edmonton is where bottom 6 offence comes to die for whatever reason. Hopefully the overhaul in puck moving D that is coming from within with guys like Bear, Jones, Bouchard, and Broberg over the next couple years and some young promising forward prospects can help to fix that problem.

Last edited:

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
He has no creativity with the puck. Just a big body who is okay defensively, can grind the puck along the boards offensively and then takes the odd slow lazy arse penalty.

Hopefully this post is a jinx and he improves.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
First of all, I think he gets a bit underrated by Oilers fans, many of whom want him scratched and waived.

His most common linemates are all garbage. Sheahan, Archibald, Granlund, etc are all useless. Khaira hasn't been great either (by no means), but he can drive the play and has a better offensive skillset than any of them. He played a game with Nuge and Neal, and he did really well. He got his point on that line.

Chiasson has been awful on the second line, so hopefully Tippet puts Khaira up there next game.

Reactions: KYams17 and Zaddy

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
First of all, I think he gets a bit underrated by Oilers fans, many of whom want him scratched and waived.

His most common linemates are all garbage. Sheahan, Archibald, Granlund, etc are all useless. Khaira hasn't been great either (by no means), but he can drive the play and has a better offensive skillset than any of them. He played a game with Nuge and Neal, and he did really well. He got his point on that line.

Chiasson has been awful on the second line, so hopefully Tippet puts Khaira up there next game.
Everyone of the guys you mentioned has proven more than Khaira in his league. You talk about Oiler fans underrating him... it’s quite the opposite. He’s had one stretch in his career where he looked like an NHLer and it was 2 years ago.

The player he is now doesn’t belong in this league.

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
Those people just don't score much.

(Too soon? Heh... Khaira makes us brown Surrey people proud.. apparently Vancouver's Mississagua if you will)
there's not much going on for us brown people here in southern ontario either

Reactions: Makaveli

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010

JJhas not done a damn thing this year and what hockey game has he driven his line .the guy has been lazy and I would even go as far and say he's our new Lucic

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Everyone of the guys you mentioned has proven more than Khaira in his league. You talk about Oiler fans underrating him... it’s quite the opposite. He’s had one stretch in his career where he looked like an NHLer and it was 2 years ago.

JJhas not done a damn thing this year and what hockey game has he driven his line .the guy has been lazy and I would even go as far and say he's our new Lucic

Let me rephrase that. Khaira has been awful this year. I just don't think that his play warrants him being scratched, considering that guys like Granlund (waste of space) and Sheahan (hasn't been on for a goal for all year) have been worse. He is actually 5th on the team in scoring chances for. Since Chiasson hasn't been good on that line, and Nuge said that he liked playing Khaira, I would give him a shot on that second line.

Plus he can pk.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This is a player I really liked, I thought he was becoming one of the better bottom 6 wingers in the league, but he currently only has 1 point in 20 games. What's going on with him?

source.gif

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

How is it the opposite when 95% of the Oilers fan base thinks he's pure garbage?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad