Jujhar Khaira

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
It seems like they do.

It's just that they only make up 4% of the Canadian population, and I would wager about half of that number is first generation immigrants.

I think it takes time to get the hockey culture established enough to the point that Indian parents are putting their kids in elite hockey programs from a young age.

PS. Khaira has never had any offence to his game going back to college/juniors.

Coaches just like him.

Great display of critical thought.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
He has no creativity with the puck. Just a big body who is okay defensively, can grind the puck along the boards offensively and then takes the odd slow lazy arse penalty.

Hopefully this post is a jinx and he improves.

My jinx post worked?.?. 2 Goals vs Stars

Reactions: B33K33PING

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Wow... This is just freaky. What are the odds of a bottom six player having a breakout like this after someone posts a thread like this.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Did Ben Bishop read this thread here and decide to gift Khaira two goals ? Maybe ? Hi Ben :laugh:

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Seems to have an issue the last few seasons of being a slow starter literally needing a kick in the ass to get going. Maybe theres an issue with his off season work ethic? Either way, he's a frustrating player to watch in the early games each year.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
But I can't think of any South Asian basektaball players. You hear of some good high school prospects but they usually fizzle out.

Sim Bhullar played a few games in the NBA a couple years ago but your point stands.

Here in the lower mainland the South Asian community is predominantly into soccer and basketball. Canada is not known for soccer and basketball requires freakish genes which most South Asians aside from Sim Bhullar don't have.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Whenever I get down on Jujahr....I just think of Stortini. And suddenly things look better.

Reactions: KYams17

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Not sure what to say on this player anymore. He's been so inconsistent throughout his career. Shows flashes of offensive upside then goes into stretches where he looks completely offensively inept. Hopefully he can build off the last few games where he's looked really good and re-establish himself as a legitimate 3rd line option.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad