Player Discussion Jujhar Khaira

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
While a concussion wouldn't surprise me with how dazed he looked afterwards, but I'm curious if he got winded.

Romanov did get him a hard shoulder straight to the chest.
Probably both. Definently got his brains scrambled. He should shut it down. Once the concussions start coming easy it's a dangerous dance. Usually doesn't end well.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
"
but something about the Romanov hit obviously didn’t agree with him.
“He says it’s funny, he got hit and was just stunned a little bit, but today he fees absolutely normal,” said Tippett. “But they’ll do some tests and make sure everything is all right.”

Kinda weird.

I was surprised how fast he came back after the last one. But I didnt really see any lingering effects in his play before that hit by Romanov. Hopefully Khaira is ok. I hope hes not rushing himself.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Just give him a longer period off and have him go through tests afterward. He's playing top quality hockey for his position at the moment, but it's not worth risking his safety to have him back early.

Hope he's fine.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
I'll leave it to the doctors to decide when/if he's ready to return.

Not really buying that everyone here has an MD degree lol.

Well, I was going to send a zippy reply saying I've never seen someone be so wobbly after a check like that and return right away; then there he is skating at practice today. Yet another thing to add to my list of stuff I have no idea about ;)

Now I have to go "like" your post and then my public humiliation is complete. :ha::)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Well, I was going to send a zippy reply saying I've never seen someone be so wobbly after a check like that and return right away; then there he is skating at practice today. Yet another thing to add to my list of stuff I have no idea about ;)

Now I have to go "like" your post and then my public humiliation is complete. :ha::)
To be fair, just because he's skating around at practice, doesn't mean he'll be in there anytime soon.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Shut him down; probably should have given more time to Bear and Nuge, too
I say he returns for the playoffs. Hes cleared to return and he wants to play. To say no to these relatively meaningless regulation games is one thing, but he wants playoffs. But yes, tell him no for these last games.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
My first thought was done for the year.

Hope the doctors don't rush him but one way or another it's up to them. He should absolutely get a second opinion.

Selfishly I want him back for the playoffs but i would shelf him right up to then even if the doctors clear him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
My first thought was done for the year.

Hope the doctors don't rush him but one way or another it's up to them. He should absolutely get a second opinion.

Selfishly I want him back for the playoffs but i would shelf him right up to then even if the doctors clear him.
We do selfishly want him back, but Khaira also selfishly wants to return. If he were asking the Oilers to shut him down for the season I'd agree, but he's not saying that and it seems like the doctors aren't either. He's not cleared to play yet but it seems like medically, it's soon.

Reactions: Aerchon

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Judging by the last montreal game the league really doesn't care about the players unless it affects revenue. How could one believe the NHL doctors are any different. They would be pressured to get them on the ice.

Reactions: Aerchon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
sometimes you need to protect the player, even from themselves.

khaira isn't ready to play, but we all knows he's a strong competitor and will tell doctors whatever they want to hear to get back

Agreed, he needs to sit for awhile for his own health. He is a warrior and needs the Drs. and coaches to protect him from harm right now.

Reactions: Wretched Oil

Dirk Dangler

Jun 24, 2016
In no way do I want to downplay concussions. They are serious and every effort should be taken to protect Jujhar. If the doctors think he needs to be shut down then by all means, he should be shut down. But according to him being in the ice, he must be testing negative for concussion symptoms. So this got me wondering what else it could be. I’m not a doctor and don’t claim to be but after a quick search I came across “benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)”. BPPV can cause sudden dizziness cause by sudden changes in the heads position. BPPV can also be caused by a severe blow to the head. So maybe the fight with Ritchie caused some inner ear damage. Anyways, like I said, I’m not a doctor, but just pointing out it could be something other than a concussion. And maybe the actual doctors that are looking after Jujhar know something we don’t.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) - Symptoms and causes

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
In no way do I want to downplay concussions. They are serious and every effort should be taken to protect Jujhar. If the doctors think he needs to be shut down then by all means, he should be shut down. But according to him being in the ice, he must be testing negative for concussion symptoms. So this got me wondering what else it could be. I’m not a doctor and don’t claim to be but after a quick search I came across “benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)”. BPPV can cause sudden dizziness cause by sudden changes in the heads position. BPPV can also be caused by a severe blow to the head. So maybe the fight with Ritchie caused some inner ear damage. Anyways, like I said, I’m not a doctor, but just pointing out it could be something other than a concussion. And maybe the actual doctors that are looking after Jujhar know something we don’t.

Gregor had mentioned something like that a few days back.

That it wasn't concussions but vertigo

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Judging by the last montreal game the league really doesn't care about the players unless it affects revenue. How could one believe the NHL doctors are any different. They would be pressured to get them on the ice.

And its so smoothly done by sating erevenue than money.

Players who are just up in their careers often dont say ”wait! I want to rest!”.
They are in NHL for. the reason that they continue to play when damaged.
NHL should go in when its apparemt the player is risking concussions.
And its also ln Tippet. If uou see a player playing dazzled, look out for hin.

This is a play that Khaira may regret rwst of his life.
Pain is temporary, göory is forever is not always right. Pain forever sucks.

space321

May 11, 2011

Traumatic brain injury related to sports is still an ongoing field of study. I doubt we know everything there is to know about concussions. But there's nothing we can do about it, I just hope Jujhar doesn't get hurt again and end up like Franzen.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Shit It doesn't even need to be a head shot to stun a person. 10 years ago My shoulder was all screwed up and an RMT friend of mine was working on it. there was a crunch and it hurt like hell. Got up, needed a blast of fresh air and a little walk it off. went outside the shop and the world started going fuzzy, Had to sit down on the pad and lean against the garage door. felt like i was going to black out for about 15 seconds and was kinda punch drunk for a half hour till things finally cleared up. after surgery one finger has some crazy sensitive nerves. I've smacked it hard enough to get tunnel vision and some ringing in my ears LOL so. I hope he's feeling ok n back soon. Been good this year.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad